painting my front bar

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Fto_Jason
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Fto_Jason »

Serious? So how would we go about getting a certificate ? Hit up the cop shop for one or mechanic maybe?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey mate I did mine through the local government mate they have a section for modified cars mate. also you can gt defected for having rims that are more than 2 inchs larger than standard and 2 inches wider than standard I am sure.
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

nvr2low wrote: hey mate I did mine through the local government mate they have a section for modified cars mate. also you can gt defected for having rims that are more than 2 inchs larger than standard and 2 inches wider than standard I am sure.
^^^ yup. Same over here too. thats why im sticking with 17"s. plus they look sweet.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Robbie wrote:
nvr2low wrote: hey mate I did mine through the local government mate they have a section for modified cars mate. also you can gt defected for having rims that are more than 2 inchs larger than standard and 2 inches wider than standard I am sure.
^^^ yup. Same over here too. thats why im sticking with 17"s. plus they look sweet.
Oh yeh i did know about the 2inches i just forgot :( I was like wtf. haha
payaya
Oldtimer

Re: painting my front bar

Post by payaya »

Where you get your paint from? 2PAC or Acrylic?
Bennoz
National President

Re:

Post by Bennoz »

Kustom_FTO wrote:
Robbie wrote:
That 2 inches is not based on rim sizes, its based on total overall diametre of the tyre / wheel combo.

You could run an 18 with a 35 series tyre & technically still be legal.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Re: painting my front bar

Post by mr-charisma »

you need to get a bigger intercooler to fill the sides of the hole in the front bar :lol: .. kidding ;)

looking nice .. good job doing it yourself .. as I always say, might as well give it a go yourself & if you stuff up you can just go get it done / fixed by the pro's afterwards
hugekim
Grease Monkey

Re: Re:

Post by hugekim »

Bennoz wrote:
Kustom_FTO wrote:
Robbie wrote:
That 2 inches is not based on rim sizes, its based on total overall diametre of the tyre / wheel combo.

You could run an 18 with a 35 series tyre & technically still be legal.
Yep, when I had 18" wheels the fronts had 35 and were fine, but VicRoads made me change the rears because they were 40s