Springs

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

pete_gpx
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Springs

Post by pete_gpx »

Alrighty, so I've just purchased a new FTO. The Bozz Speed front bar on the car is simply just too low and I am looking at options to raise it up.

It has a set of Apexi GT springs with Pedders shocks fitted. I was considering just replacing the front springs with something different, possibly Kings. However, I found a set of 4 Tein S.Tech springs for sale.

Does anyone have any idea on the height of these springs? Also, any comment on Tein vs. Apexi as far as handling goes?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

check out the website for actual measurements as to how much lower than standard springs are.... as for performance im positive they will be virtually identical, i think kings lowers car by 25-30mm from standard (just lows not superlow)

if you are still stuck then maybe consider coilovers to get that perfect hieght
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I have a feeling the Teins are both super hard & super low... but yeah, check the website.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Bennoz wrote:I have a feeling the Teins are both super hard & super low... but yeah, check the website.
Apparently they are 45mm lower then standard... Probably too low?

I can't seem to find any information on the Apexi GT springs that are already on the car.
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tein-S-tech-Spri ... C294%3A200

found this on ebay-- dont know muuch about springs but im bored at work n i reckon they look pretty
:)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ill but your lowered springs if the price is right
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Cassf88 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tein-S-tech-Spri ... C294%3A200

found this on ebay-- dont know muuch about springs but im bored at work n i reckon they look pretty
:)
Yeah, I was looking at those ones. That's the reason I was enquiring about the Teins. Not sure if that is a good price for them or not.

Simon, if you could offer me a trade for some well performing, higher springs, I'd be interested. ;)