piping

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

redevil3883
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by redevil3883 »

Bennoz wrote:2.5 inch
confuse ... confuse...
i told my mechanic that i wanna change to 2.5 inch pipe , but he told me the best size is 2.3 inch for fto auto car... he said that 2.5 inch is more suitable for manual . auto better use 2.3 inch.. he also ask me to custom make a set of downpipe...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

redevil3883 wrote:
confuse ... confuse...
i told my mechanic that i wanna change to 2.5 inch pipe , but he told me the best size is 2.3 inch for fto auto car... he said that 2.5 inch is more suitable for manual . auto better use 2.3 inch.. he also ask me to custom make a set of downpipe...
The same amount of exhaust gas comes outta the head regardless of whether its an auto or manual.

Plus there's no such thing as 2.3 inch. Its 2.25 inch (standard FTO) or 2.5 inch (next size up.)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

What a load of crap, as ben says it makes no difference. I would get your car out there asap
redevil3883
Apprentice

Post by redevil3883 »

Bennoz wrote:
redevil3883 wrote:
confuse ... confuse...
The same amount of exhaust gas comes outta the head regardless of whether its an auto or manual.

Plus there's no such thing as 2.3 inch. Its 2.25 inch (standard FTO) or 2.5 inch (next size up.)
ok, thanks
maxleng
Grease Monkey

Post by maxleng »

redevil3883 wrote:
confuse ... confuse...
bahah he is trying to rip you off dude, tell him to go f**k himself and leave
jwa
Apprentice

Post by jwa »

is there ant different between Brand name pipe and custom cut pipe from the shop? let say the same size piping

i am not talking about cat, muffer, but just the pipe

also if there no different in between, would it be better to just make custom pipe and buy the cat, muffer with good brand? first should save some money, second the performance is the same
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

the pipe makes no difference what so ever.

So yes i highly recommend buying the brand name parts you want and buying the pipe separetly
jwa
Apprentice

Post by jwa »

for the brand name part, do you think we can only buy the muffer from HK#, TOME#, TRUS#, because they only advertise the full exhaust system
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I dont use Jap branded exhaust components, they're friggen expensive & they rust.

Plenty of good Aussie brands that will do the job just as well if not better. Catco, Herrod, Flowmaster, Walker, Lukey etc etc.