Website Help. This forum is for problems with the website not for car help
If you are having problems creating an account - please post in here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

evoman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Wesbite attack?

Post by evoman »

I was required to Install Norton 360 V3 on my computer for work security purposes and in typical Norton style it has prevented me from viewing this site.

FYI - It claims that "Network traffic from 76.163.238.82 matches the signature of a know attack - HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 8".

Now I hate Norton and would never install it myself if I had the option, but just wanted to let you know in case you could tell if there was any truth to the matter.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

rxboy had exactly the same notification come up the other day after he updated his Norton (same version as you)

At this stage Norton are not aware of any false positives for that signature, but it is new... so there could be a first.

I've run the google virus scanner over the site a number of times & its come back clean:

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnost ... ralia.com/
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Oh & I hate Norton so much it hurts my spleen.
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Yeah my Symantec Endpoint Protection blocks the site also. I just disable the firewall temporarily to view it and then re-enable it when I'm done at the moment.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Ive had the same problem as the others. My norton said that this website had a virus and it was saying that it had this "HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 8".

Ben told me that its fake, so i went into Norton V3 then clicked on: Settings>Firewall>Intrusion and browser protection>Intrusion exclusions then click on configure and then scroll down to HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 8 and un tick it and your simply back on this website.
Im so glad that im back on this site its been awhile lol :D
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

piss nortons off and get Trend micro PC cillin (internet security pro) :twisted: