Post by eddiii »

nonono, i meant two 5% on each window, like two layer of 5% lol
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

eddiii wrote:nonono, i meant two 5% on each window, like two layer of 5% lol
i understood ;)

i paid 180 for i think it 15% but not too sure

the true prob is that back window, but at least when 4WD and trucks are behind u they cant blind you *thumbs up*
eddiii
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

guess girls ar the smartest ones here lol jks ^^ but oncoming 4wd/trucks still blinds me lol -_- guess i should tint the front too :)
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

unfortunetly, thats illegal... highly..! lol

i wouldve done it in a heart beat if i could... the other thing is if u have a sunroof your not allowed to tint it with an aftermarket... the shrinking of the film n expansion of the glass = a deadly combination of possible glass shatter
eddiii
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

Lol i know its illegal, i was just saying. 1st of all i dont have a sunroof but i would love one lol
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

the thing is u want to use it in summer n two things go wrong...
1. burns your head
2. if u wear sunnies the light gets between the sunnies n your eyes n its not safe

:?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

if your car is pre 1996, I am pretty sure you can go as dark as you want.. The law didn't change till after that..... So your reply when questioned is.... Was like that when I bought it officer....
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

its not the officers that have a go at u, its the tinting people dont want to take responsibility in case that does happen. so if your sunroof came with the tint factory standard your good

:D
TA
Grease Monkey

Post by TA »

how much would it cost to get drivers and passengers window done like that?!
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Iv tinted my car 20% on rear window and side windows, just wanted to be on the safe side with the legal crap and just general night safety and everything else...

Had it done through Ground Zero Tint at blacktown, website is groundzerotint.com.au, payed $140 for the tint application, but prior, i payed $40 remove the bubbly old tint from the back and the small pillar windows. results came out pretty good, just need to wait for it to set over the next two days.

Pixxxies:::
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320 ... 009139.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320 ... 009140.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320 ... 009141.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320 ... 009142.jpg

Enjoiii..
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Hey mate where did you get this done and how much would it cost me ? I have meaning to get this done for a while now....Could you pm me a number to call or an address or something ?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

harry90 wrote:Hey mate where did you get this done and how much would it cost me ? I have meaning to get this done for a while now....Could you pm me a number to call or an address or something ?
visit the website www.groundzerotint.com.au , if your car doesnt have any tint, itll cost ya $140... you can get 5% too.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
millsy
Grease Monkey

Post by millsy »

mine has about 25% on rear window only, but its an easy job and cheap if u know how to do it,, on my old hyundai i bought 4 meters of 15% tint ($5 a meter, cant go wrong) and i took the passenger and driver windows out (only 4 blots holding them in) and cut the tint in the shape of flames, VERY ricy, but actually looked alright, only took a day, and 90% of that was the intricate cutting of the flames, (i did this twice to the hyundai coupe, the 1st time i had CHROME tint,,,,,WAY too over the top).. but i never tinted before, and turned up prefect, even with al the little flares on the flames, and only cost me 15 bucks, HIGHLY recomend trying it urself.
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

i know this is old thread but if anyone wants to get there car tinted in western sydney Exclusive car car does $200 tint any percent, im getting 20% done in 2 weeks..(i know legal is 35%...)

btw 5%!!, cops hassle you yet??
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

alekazam wrote:Im so pissed I got stung $550 for mine at tint a car
Tint a car tints are made by tint a car and last for 25 years and have a warranty on that 25year period im pretty sure, unlike everyone else that has posted on this topic.

So really you got a pretty good deal when all the other guys are paying for theres to get removed and replaced in 3 to 4 years.
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

I was quoted $395 for mine for Midnight Express - how come yours was $500 Ale?
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

looks nice im thinking of tinting mine 5% on the sides less on the back and mayb the lightest on the front cause it seams tinted windows don't smudge or fog up as much I no its ilegal but they wouldn't no u see some cars come with factory tinted front
graphicgrub

Re: Just tinted my car 5%

Post by graphicgrub »

Im so pissed I got stung $550 for mine at tint a car
If they are justifying this price by giving a so-called warranty, what a load of crap. Most people won't even keep a car for 25 years, if it lasted that long.

I can tell you Mastertint Southport on the Gold Coast does a fantastic job. I got 5% on my FTO and hubby got 5% on his Patrol. Seems much lighter on the Patrol given the much bigger / more windows and more light getting in, but I love that people can't see in my FTO too easily when all my windows are up and it's great for keeping the sun / heat out. From memory I think they also offer a warranty on their tint and they don't use cheap garbage. I've had my tint on for at least 4-5 years (can't recall exactly) and it's still as good as day one.

Remember also to be careful about the products you use on the interior of the car. Some contain ammonia which breaks down the window film/tint and therefore your tint won't last as long.
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

hey sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean by 5% or 25%, etc??

im planning to get my tint done, so im guessing 5% is the darkest?
hows reversing at night though?? does tint come in 10 or 15%? :?
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

gpx000 wrote:hey sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean by 5% or 25%, etc??

im planning to get my tint done, so im guessing 5% is the darkest?
hows reversing at night though?? does tint come in 10 or 15%? :?
The percentage is how much light it lets through... hence the lower the percentage the darker it is. Legal is 35%.