thinking about buying a fto need some help plzz!!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Aroha
jedwabna poszewka promocja

thinking about buying a fto need some help plzz!!

Post by Aroha »

hey guys, my name is toa and from melbourne. just stumble across the fto and it is a very good looking car and to hot up as well. It would be my first car. just need to know if its good on petrol, is it very expensive to run and also is it good driving long distance say 1-2 hours away, are parts hard to get for it. thats about it, thank u for ure time guys, hope to hear form u soon
Annonymous

Post by Annonymous »

they're "not" that cheap or xpensiv to buy(if u do u homework...)
cheap on petrol as well(considerin' its output)
PARTS?! (Just dont CRASH or Trash it and u'll b ok...4 awhile...)

im not encouragin u or whtever but its your call...
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

let me put it this way. i work part time 2 nights a week, make around $400 a fortnight and i have managed to keep my FTO is perfect shape for 5 years without it being overly expensive. the most money ive spent is on water pump and timing belt, and that was mainly due to labour ($650). look around, do your research, test drive a few, and if its been well looked after, its a top car in its price range. oh and my engine has done just over 201,000 kms and i still get 580-600km to the full tank.

Good luck mate!
mushilea
Apprentice

Post by mushilea »

I just bought an FTO. Got a damned good one that has had quite a bit of money spent on it. - Body kit, tinted windows, leather interior, double exhaust, 17" wheels, neons, audio inc sub woofer (and there's quite a bit more).

However, I need repairs and maintenance done and it is going to cost quite a bit.

I need to get time belt done, rocker gaskets replaced, the car serviced, all four wheels replaced, some random arm underneath the car connected to the wheel replaced (on both sides), some rubber coverings replaced, my driver's side central locking fixed, belt drives replaced, brake fluid done and a few other things which I can't remember.

The car's only done 122,000 kms - and its going to cost 2.3k for repairs and another 560 for wheels.

Petrol hasn't been too bad thus far - i'm averaging 10L/100 kms with overestatic driving. =)
Aroha

Post by Aroha »

thanks for the help guys, givin me a lot to think about, but yeh thank u for ure time
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

when it comes to parts there are members and sites that we have to get good prices on any thing so dont let that bother you.
as said above just have a look around and get a good FTO and you will be right.

Oh and WTTC :D
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

WTTC :D
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Shahrez wrote:let me put it this way. i work part time 2 nights a week, make around $400 a fortnight and i have managed to keep my FTO is perfect shape for 5 years without it being overly expensive. the most money ive spent is on water pump and timing belt, and that was mainly due to labour ($650). look around, do your research, test drive a few, and if its been well looked after, its a top car in its price range. oh and my engine has done just over 201,000 kms and i still get 580-600km to the full tank.

Good luck mate!
Wow, your FTO is one tough cookie! 8)