Brainstorming..... RWD'ing an FTO

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Brainstorming..... RWD'ing an FTO

Post by mr-charisma »

An engineer would be far more likely to sign off on it if the engine stayed in it's original intended location .. Doesn't mean they wouldn't .. But I would be consulting an engineer before foing ahead with it.. Last thing tou want is to finish the project and then find out that it's non compliant because you should have strengthened the frame here or there etc

I think it may be pending sam selling his current turbo car... But I reckon he should just go with alekazam's suggestions and just buy a jag or maserati or something if spending $80k with a v8 already in it .. Would score bigger respect points IMHO
millsy
Grease Monkey

Post by millsy »

What other costs are involved? How much do u think it would cost all up. And keep in mind that u save $5000 by using you own engine. No doubt there are large costs involved but i cant think of much except for extending and re-routing things from the engine like radiator, vac hoses, air intake, wires. Ext ect.
aldo

Post by aldo »

Did the V8 project ever get done? If so do we know what changes were made?

I considering using a spare body and dont have enough original parts to put together as original so was looking at what I could do with the spare body.
I have a couple of toyota 32 valve V8 engines, from soarer cars so that would be my choice.

It seems that by adding a rear subframe and replacing the front subframe then joining the two would achieve the result.I have a local engineer and i have the skills to do most of the work myself.

Any info would be helpful before I get started.