Ford falcon

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

oodLes
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by oodLes »

Torque. /thread.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote::facepalm:

Who gives a sh*t.

And this is the second time you've bragged about racing a mate on an 'abandoned road with the ends mysteriously closed off.'

I do hope some of our police members are reading.

The only time I wanna hear about any of you beating a mate is by posting up a drag racing slip issued by the drag strip authorities.
Only then do you get bragging rights - because then we can analyise the slip & check out who f*cked up their launch by checking 60 foot times or who blew a gear change by seeing the finish speeds.

Oh & btw
The best my manual, extractor & CAI fitted, Unichipped, ported & polished, 125 kw FTO did down Eastern Creek dragway was a 15.6
Factory figures on an auto BA XR6 are 15.6 for the quarter.

Do the math.
I've got a tip and I have never got close to a Falcon/Commodore off the line.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

koolio1234 wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote:
koolio1234 wrote:The fto might take off a little quicker due to it being much lighter and having close gearing it can overcome its static weight quicker.The ford will take a while off the mark, especially if its an auto.

Once they both get moving though 60km+, the falcon being a 4L has almost twice the torque of the fto so it'll start accelerating significantly quicker. Once in the 200km/h range it will come down to which ever has a higher power figure. Weight has minimal influence at this stage.

At the quarter mile, it would be neck and neck, the fto will have the advantage as long as it has a good driver.

Disclaimer: Keep racing for the track :D [/b]
Just curious. Is that based on your theory or life experience? 8)
It's my theory, using my knowledge of basic engineering principles ie. dynamics
Did you take into consideration the grip level differences between FWD and RWD? How about power delivery?
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

payaya wrote:
koolio1234 wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote:
koolio1234 wrote:The fto might take off a little quicker due to it being much lighter and having close gearing it can overcome its static weight quicker.The ford will take a while off the mark, especially if its an auto.

Once they both get moving though 60km+, the falcon being a 4L has almost twice the torque of the fto so it'll start accelerating significantly quicker. Once in the 200km/h range it will come down to which ever has a higher power figure. Weight has minimal influence at this stage.

At the quarter mile, it would be neck and neck, the fto will have the advantage as long as it has a good driver.

Disclaimer: Keep racing for the track :D [/b]
Just curious. Is that based on your theory or life experience? 8)
It's my theory, using my knowledge of basic engineering principles ie. dynamics
Did you take into consideration the grip level differences between FWD and RWD? How about power delivery?
On takeoff in a RWD, the weight shifts to the rear bearing down on it which is excellent for traction.

In a FWD, at takeoff the weight will transfer to the rear and relieve the front wheels from needed traction. This is where a good suspension setup sweetens the deal :D If all goes well, the loss in traction at the front will be negligible and have no major consequences provided the car is well balanced and set up right. More power = harder to control.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Totally agreed with what your saying but we were talking about the two stock vehicles.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

zuihoujueding wrote:how is the police going to prosecute you just by reading from the thread without any proof or eyewitnesses?
It is called a confession... No witnesses needed when you confess to a crime..

Have you not seen all the articles of people being charged over bragging about illegal activities on the net??? The best one was the 200sx guy that was busted in Victoria.. Bragging about his sh*t on the Silvia forums.. Made paper and TV..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

rock_it wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote:how is the police going to prosecute you just by reading from the thread without any proof or eyewitnesses?
It is called a confession... No witnesses needed when you confess to a crime..

Have you not seen all the articles of people being charged over bragging about illegal activities on the net??? The best one was the 200sx guy that was busted in Victoria.. Bragging about his sh*t on the Silvia forums.. Made paper and TV..
Havent read any articles, but some got procecuted by making videos and thats fair enough. Simply writing A sentence on the thread is going to get you busted? I think its far more complicated that.
But i know what you mean. better be safe than sorry. 8)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, the 200sx guy was going to defected for bald tyres, so the cop gave him a warning and told him to go home... So the guy went in the forums the next day, bragging about how dumb the cop was, and that he parked the car and went out hooning a couple of hours after..

I think he was unlicensed and a few other things also.. So the cops came back and threw the book @ him...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Threw the book at him was an understatement! The dickhead copped a month in jail for his troubles!

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/ ... 64512.html

There's a number of other articles of this sort of thing happening. The cops actually have cyber squads set up, combing car forums for that very reason.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Hate to say this but with a tip gpx you do have the edge over a stock commo VR-VS-VT-VZ series up to 110, simply because of your lighter weight. Anything but a stocko 3.8 Ecotec and you're gone.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

Who gives a sh*t.
+1..

tired of reading '' i'll beat this car, is my car better than this car?''
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

J wrote:

Who gives a sh*t.
+1..

tired of reading '' i'll beat this car, is my car better than this car?''
Same! Makes mine look like a dud as I never can beat a Commodore/Falcon off the line. I've been in a commo and it beat another FTO comprehensively so I dunno, I guess I don't ever exaggerate.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

SchumieFan wrote:back in the day... by the way WTTC...

5 or so years ago when i was dragging cars down the 4 corners of churchur enzed... my gpx would beat any xr6 or xr8 or holden off the line and to the next light simply cause i kept my fkr in 2nd (TIP) and i was lighter...

now... whilst i dont condone street racing i have on my own hit the speed limiter of 190kph and i dare say i would beat an xr6 (ok maybe not a turbo) to that magical figure

however... once you grow and learn...

there are many things better than that, such as torque and avg spd...

save it for the track dude... honestly i learnt the hard way... and i dont want anyone else too...

REMEMBER

BLOOD IS THE HARDEST THING TO WASH OFF YOUR CAR

everybody knows...
Where you located? Lets to the legal drags and I will have a Commodore V8 to line up against you. Very mild mods which is exhaust and extractors. Loser pays for all costs and $200 bucks for being an idiot.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

oodLes wrote:Hate to say this but with a tip gpx you do have the edge over a stock commo VR-VS-VT-VZ series up to 110, simply because of your lighter weight. Anything but a stocko 3.8 Ecotec and you're gone.
Where are you? I'll have either a BA Falcon (same sh*t) line up against you down the quarter.

You in Melbourne?
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

maxleng wrote:
oodLes wrote:XR6 will smash an Fto easily unless you're pulling a lotta mods and set up right like dstocks.
are you talking from experience? or just talking sh*t?

because ive run my mates XR6(non turbo) which is pretty much stock against my GPX (tip) which is also stock and i beat him by about 1/2 a car length . and no his car is not a lemon ive been in it plenty of times.

The XR6 was auto so that leaves driver error out of the shifts, and he launched pretty well because he said so himself. so where are you pulling this "xr6 will smash an fto" from...?

(don't condone street racing but this was done in a very remote place with ends blocked off)[/b]
Perfect! Your in Melbourne, we'll head to the drags and I will have the non sports model BA Falcon Auto run against you. You game?

Might sound stupid putting up all these challengers but wouldn't it be good to see if these people are telling the truth?

Obviously you have nothing to lose as your beaten a Xr6 in the past. So the only loser can be me.
maxleng
Grease Monkey

Post by maxleng »

:roll:

yeah il just take a day off, waste time and money driving to the drag strip, pay for all the race costs just so you can make a point? what do i gain out of it? as i said ive already done it so i don't care if you don't believe me and im certainly not gona waste time and money proving it to you.

if you're that intrested why dont you take your own fto and race a mate in a falcon at the track? or go buy an fto and do the same if you're that desperate to find out?