Ford falcon

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Gholdwayne
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Ford falcon

Post by Gholdwayne »

yesterday there was a victorian ford falcon, i dont know what exactly it was, it had the shape of the forte, and i know that shape has different names, def not an xr6, the guy had two passengers so id imagine the extra weight, at the stoplights he thought i was going to race him so he gunned it, but i didnt, i wanted to try and see what my fto's got but i did not want to get shamed :roll:

can a stock gpx beat that car by any chance ? or does the bigger liter-age matter ? (even though we can get beat by a dc2R 1.8 4cyl)
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Not quite sure what your obesssion with racing cars on the street is (refer your other thread) - on the street you shouldn't be trying to drag anyone off :evil:

However - bring you car down to the track and you can find out- it's not all that expensive and it is a HEAP OF FUN!!!!

It all depends on what and when. Straight line - FTO's aren't going to be the winner of much- but tight circuits - the bigger heavier cars lose out as they have to use those things called Brakes when coming up to corners......
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

.... ... ...brakes? :D
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

The fto might take off a little quicker due to it being much lighter and having close gearing it can overcome its static weight quicker.The ford will take a while off the mark, especially if its an auto.

Once they both get moving though 60km+, the falcon being a 4L has almost twice the torque of the fto so it'll start accelerating significantly quicker. Once in the 200km/h range it will come down to which ever has a higher power figure. Weight has minimal influence at this stage.

At the quarter mile, it would be neck and neck, the fto will have the advantage as long as it has a good driver.

Disclaimer: Keep racing for the track :D [/b]
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

koolio1234 wrote:The fto might take off a little quicker due to it being much lighter and having close gearing it can overcome its static weight quicker.The ford will take a while off the mark, especially if its an auto.

Once they both get moving though 60km+, the falcon being a 4L has almost twice the torque of the fto so it'll start accelerating significantly quicker. Once in the 200km/h range it will come down to which ever has a higher power figure. Weight has minimal influence at this stage.

At the quarter mile, it would be neck and neck, the fto will have the advantage as long as it has a good driver.

Just curious. Is that based on your theory or life experience? 8)
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

zuihoujueding wrote:
koolio1234 wrote:The fto might take off a little quicker due to it being much lighter and having close gearing it can overcome its static weight quicker.The ford will take a while off the mark, especially if its an auto.

Just curious. Is that based on your theory or life experience? 8)
It's my theory, using my knowledge of basic engineering principles ie. dynamics
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

back in the day... by the way WTTC...

5 or so years ago when i was dragging cars down the 4 corners of churchur enzed... my gpx would beat any xr6 or xr8 or holden off the line and to the next light simply cause i kept my fkr in 2nd (TIP) and i was lighter...

now... whilst i dont condone street racing i have on my own hit the speed limiter of 190kph and i dare say i would beat an xr6 (ok maybe not a turbo) to that magical figure

however... once you grow and learn...

there are many things better than that, such as torque and avg spd...

save it for the track dude... honestly i learnt the hard way... and i dont want anyone else too...

REMEMBER

BLOOD IS THE HARDEST THING TO WASH OFF YOUR CAR

everybody knows...
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

The people in the V8's ya dragged obviously did not know how to drive, as you would not get close to the full potential of the V8.

Even an XR6 non turbo will beat most auto FTO's.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

well yeah, upto about 100 the FTO would crap all over them, 150~180 the XR would be pulling infront then as said earlier in the thread...more torque and power in a XR and its 'potential' is higher than the FTO's so its never going to beat it in a straight line, top speed race.

my GPX had basic induction and exhaust mods and easily matched them down morehouse...

anyway... TRACKDAY!
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

XR6 will smash an Fto easily unless you're pulling a lotta mods and set up right like dstocks.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Re: Ford falcon

Post by xSlurpee »

[quote="Gholdwayne"]yesterday there was a victorian ford falcon, i dont know what exactly it was, it had the shape of the forte, and i know that shape has different names, def not an xr6, the guy had two passengers so id imagine the extra weight, at the stoplights he thought i was going to race him so he gunned it, but i didnt, i wanted to try and see what my fto's got but i did not want to get shamed :roll:

can a stock gpx beat that car by any chance ? or does the bigger liter-age matter ? (even though we can get beat by a dc2R 1.8 4cyl)/[quote]
:facepalm:
stop street racing.
`97 FTO GPvR (SOLD)
`97 B16A EM1 (Written off)
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Re: Ford falcon

Post by Gholdwayne »

xSlurpee wrote:
Gholdwayne wrote:yesterday there was a victorian ford falcon, i dont know what exactly it was, it had the shape of the forte, and i know that shape has different names, def not an xr6, the guy had two passengers so id imagine the extra weight, at the stoplights he thought i was going to race him so he gunned it, but i didnt, i wanted to try and see what my fto's got but i did not want to get shamed :roll:

can a stock gpx beat that car by any chance ? or does the bigger liter-age matter ? (even though we can get beat by a dc2R 1.8 4cyl)/
stop street racing.
How bout you look at my posts if i mentioned or implied i street race or street raced ?

**cliche mario face**
Last edited by Gholdwayne on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Thats hilarious ^^^ coming from you charlie :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol yeah, the guy who lost his own licence on his L's.....AND 14 points worth of his mums all in a matter of days :lol:
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Bennoz wrote:lol yeah, the guy who lost his own licence on his L's.....AND 14 points worth of his mums all in a matter of days :lol:
wow look at that... when was this ben ? sounds like a young one if this happened recently... but if it happened recently and he's not young, somethings wrong there... (unclear? think on your L's at 30)

And he talks like he's someone sometimes, im sorry but thats what i think at least.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
maxleng
Grease Monkey

Post by maxleng »

oodLes wrote:XR6 will smash an Fto easily unless you're pulling a lotta mods and set up right like dstocks.
are you talking from experience? or just talking sh*t?

because ive run my mates XR6(non turbo) which is pretty much stock against my GPX (tip) which is also stock and i beat him by about 1/2 a car length . and no his car is not a lemon ive been in it plenty of times.

The XR6 was auto so that leaves driver error out of the shifts, and he launched pretty well because he said so himself. so where are you pulling this "xr6 will smash an fto" from...?

(don't condone street racing but this was done in a very remote place with ends blocked off)[/b]
Last edited by maxleng on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Who gives a sh*t.

And this is the second time you've bragged about racing a mate on an 'abandoned road with the ends mysteriously closed off.'

I do hope some of our police members are reading.

The only time I wanna hear about any of you beating a mate is by posting up a drag racing slip issued by the drag strip authorities.
Only then do you get bragging rights - because then we can analyise the slip & check out who f*cked up their launch by checking 60 foot times or who blew a gear change by seeing the finish speeds.

Oh & btw
The best my manual, extractor & CAI fitted, Unichipped, ported & polished, 125 kw FTO did down Eastern Creek dragway was a 15.6
Factory figures on an auto BA XR6 are 15.6 for the quarter.

Do the math.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

benny if i can do a 14.4 with no traction in 1st or 2nd and have less power than you man you should smash into the 13's or high 12's even maybe.
maxleng
Grease Monkey

Post by maxleng »

how is that bragging about it? i was simply replying to a post which included my story (and was the same in the case of the other thread)

i don't want to start a sh*t fight because i agree racing should be kept to the track, but please don't tell me you've never gone over the speed limit in your car :roll:

(just for the record that's the only time ive raced another car on the roads)
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

how is the police going to prosecute you just by reading from the thread without any proof or eyewitnesses?