KW output??

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bLakWr3x
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by bLakWr3x »

hi guys,

new to this forum... :lol: just want to put in my 2 cents.
ive always like the shape of the car. dont really know why they arent as popular as hondas. drove one today and took it up to 7200. didnt feel or hear the mivec. when does it kick in?
i hope there would be more turbo charged ftos out there. (7k seems pretty good... wats in the package?) its really the only way to get serious torque in the motor. but how does the gearbox hold up?
sick of seeing supra driver thinkin they are the fastest on the street.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

first thing's first... Were you driving a GPX (with MIVEC) or GR (non-MIVEC)??

If you were driving the GPX, the MIVEC usually kicks in at about 5500rpm and really you can feel it (although not as 'violent' as the VTEC YO!!!!!) and from there it goes like an animal all the way to the 8500rpm redline...

they're not popular turbo candidates because of their high-compression V-engines but having saud that RPW is currently doing a kit for it. Do a search in this forum and you will find a thread about this kit... How much they're selling for, we don't know for sure.

gearbox wise, it depends if you are driving the manual or tiptronic... as EXC will vouch for you, the tiptronic is very fragile if the car has been turbo'd so my pick would be a manual (though how well it will hold up with the extra mumbo is still guess)...