FTO TURBO: BOLT ON KIT

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

d_stroy_r
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO TURBO: BOLT ON KIT

Post by d_stroy_r »

Atter a week of finalising, it's done.

The turbo will cost around 5k delivered to anywhere in Australia.

The turbo is a bolt on kit for 6a12 but has universal piping, so it should fit the fto.

Here it is;

it includes;
- Garrett T25 Turbo w/ Wastegate
- Cast Exhaust Manifold
- Chrome Heat Shield
- Downpipe w/ Gasket
- Map Unit (Black Box)
- 2 Injectors & Interface Block
- Injection Control Unit w/ Turbo Timer
- Blow Off Valve (BOV)
- High Flow Front-Mount Intercooler
- Polished Aluminum Intercooler Piping
- SS Braided lines for Water Cooling
- SS Braided lines for Oiling
- Return Hose and Fittings for Oil to Pan
- All Hoses & Clamps
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
- Generic Install Instructions
- Injector Control System Settings

It has a claim of 56% more power @6 psi (safe on mivecs)

Any queries and any interest?[/list]
FTO-NX
Apprentice

Post by FTO-NX »

hey man,
thats good to hear,but would like to ask does it come with programable ECU like microtechs etc.and is this a second hand kit??.where is this located....and how much you think is installation cost on fto....??

thanx....
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ERRR. that picture is from a US site for a 6a12 galant, the galant has the engine mounted in reverse to the FTO.

secondly a GT25 is too small it will constantly be on boost and heat the air too much a GT28 is a much better option.

allow at least 1800 for a computer and tuen.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Steve is right, that turbo kit is meant for the Galant (with the engine mounted on passenger side, not drive's side). so theoretically, no the plumbing wouldn't fit...

Other than the cost of the kit delivered to Oz, you also have to factor in the applicable import duties / customs / taxes which will easily add up to another $1.2K if not more...

If it's a T25 (not GT25) then it will be the same turbo as the S13/180SX which is relatively small and quite responsive but you won't get a world of difference in the top end. I'm about to fit a T28BB (from a JDM S15) which is only slightly bigger than the T25 so it will be interesting to see how it goes... (Bearing in mind, the motor is built with driveability in mind, not a top end monster)
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

That's my questions too.

We had a couple send back and forward. I showed him a pic of a fto's engine and that's why he has a universal kit aswell.

There is a another kit which is also available, which is cheaper due to not having a intercooler.

It doesnt have a comp, but a Emanage is more than capable of doing the job. They are just over a gran fitted and tested.

At rough estimates the other kit costs around $3500 (with no intercooler) with a universal kit.

There are also forged piston available in America very cheaply. You could send the whole package and sae a lot on the overall prices.

If anyone is Interested and wants more quries, just ask
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i'm 99% certain that the kit you are talking about is the same as the one below which i posted about a week ago:

http://www.turbodiscounters.com/html/tu ... bishi.aspx

Chances are it's the same kit but self- branded by different suppliers... ;)
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

Probably is.

Have you asked them any questions about the kit or pistons?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i will speak to them next week during my nightshift at work because of time zone differences... :?
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

greddy computers are too basic imho and should be ignored as a real ECU piggyback.
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

there is a turbo fto running well using a greddy emanage here in the uk.

With regards to this turbo kit, i would think it will need lots of work to fit, even with a universal kit as there is a big difference in space available in the engine bay of a Galant compared to an FTO.

//\\//\\ark
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

The RPW magna runs on G-Reddy, pulls out 477 atw.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

d_stroy_r wrote:The RPW magna runs on G-Reddy, pulls out 477 atw.

great fantastic, good for them ;) have you actually seen the dyno print??? RPW make a lot of claims but never back them up with proof.

newer more up to date computers can adjust boost based on temperature, and a million other things. the Microtechs can also handle MIVEC so you only need one computer.

with a Greddy you have to tune a turbo FOR THE HOTEST DAY, if you tune for the coldest day you'll blow the car up in the middle of summer....

if you simply want a basic piggyback to control boost and don't care about the settings then sure grab a greddy, however if you want a car that can perform at its peak no matter what the conditions by another piggyback.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

AAHHAHAHA.

It ran like 430atw at Auto Salon.......Infront of couple thousand people, plus they videos of their drags too.

The magna is for real and absolute amazing car.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i don't know why your laughing. You'd think that a magna doing 400 odd kW they'd actually put something on their website about it. All i could find was a 13.5second run that's probably only 150-170kW no where near 400kW +

anwyay this is pointless, go ahead and order the kit it'll probably cost you 5k to fit it by the time the manifolds are refabricated to suit the FTO. Use a cheap computer if its all you can afford however spending a little bit more will improve your driving experience.

but remember you were warned by several people here first.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

smorison wrote:i don't know why your laughing. You'd think that a magna doing 400 odd kW they'd actually put something on their website about it. All i could find was a 13.5second run that's probably only 150-170kW no where near 400kW +

anwyay this is pointless, go ahead and order the kit it'll probably cost you 5k to fit it by the time the manifolds are refabricated to suit the FTO. Use a cheap computer if its all you can afford however spending a little bit more will improve your driving experience.

but remember you were warned by several people here first.

mmm mebbe's its 400hp not kw :|

may explain it...
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

gee must have made some good imporovements since early febuarary

if i remember correctly he ran around 315 Hp on the same dyno that i been getting mine tuned on, that was the mogwa dyno day. there should be some results on there website. Not bad a 160 Hp increase.

Well done david
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

It is horsepower atw.

I am quite sure it's over 400 hp at the wheels. The exact number, i'm not sure.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

It is horsepower atw.

I am quite sure it's over 400 hp at the wheels. The exact number, i'm not sure.

I aint gonna go out there and just buy the kit. It's just another option.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

umm, why are we comparing between a RACE engine and a street engine?? I'm sure some would agree that the eManage may be great for some applications, but like anything it also has its disadvantages...

However just so we can stick on topic I will give the guys (from US) a call sometime later tonight (from work ;)) and find out a bit more about the kit... Will keep you all updated so stay tuned!
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Hey Mikey,

Have you had a chance to give these guys a ring yet?