ALL Queensland Cruise

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO84
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO84 »

Hmmmmm....Do I enter the car in display when I have some rust bubbles coming thru [gasp] on the roof and I don't get it fixed in time?!

Also gettin white leather seats which will be cutting the time close... eep.... *motivates self...
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Just depends on the timeframe of my paintwork... At the moment I have holes in my bootlid from an aftermarket spoiler, a faded bonnet (which contrasts terribly against the fresh paint on the rest of the car) and a blue front bar. Definitely not keen to show it off in its current state.

Maybe I should pay to enter just in case I do have it looking schmick in time...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FTO84 - hey mate, do you know if that is an ex member's car? forgotten his name now, but those painted rims... i remember them.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

Honestly have no idea broski, I got it through a dealer in Dec '07 cause it seemed in ok shape for the price I was able to talk them down to, has been in storage since then until about 6-7 weeks ago...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FTO84 wrote:Honestly have no idea broski, I got it through a dealer in Dec '07 cause it seemed in ok shape for the price I was able to talk them down to, has been in storage since then until about 6-7 weeks ago...
hmm... mustn't be the one i'm thinking of then, because i remember seeing it driving around the southside some time last yr.
unless wherever you had it in storage took it out for a joy ride lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

might be the one if it was quite early on last year... I took her out a couple of times in like Jan and Feb 08 before her rego ran dry and it was pointless to keep it up when i wasn't going to be driving her for a good 18 months.
10FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by 10FTO »

i may be interested in displaying my car ... will see how you go for numbers ...
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Alrighty so Im guessing no one is enetering lol

I hope everyone is still keen for this, Bec and myself want to book our accomodation for the Saturday night :D

So who is planning on coming along ? :D :?: :D
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Is the cruise now heading to the Jap car show?
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

I would like too.....I think it would be a lot more fun then just a BBQ :)

Anyone else agree ? :D
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

im now out, unless my car gets fixed in time. Has to go and break down at the worst time doesnt it, and then mitsubishi japan have to take there sweet time in shipping parts. GAH :cry:
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

What parts do you need?

Contacting Mitsubishi would be my last resort...
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

gahhh...fto13_Marty you suggested this now you cant come :(, thats some bad luck right there...

Hope your car gets fixed soon :D
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

the parts im after are top and bottom cooling something, radiator cap, thermostat, top and bottom radiator hoses, some gasket, o rings and the list continues. apparently i had some corrosion on one of the cooling things and no one noticed it and then it was to late . Thats the only reason why im going through Mitsubishi japan as its such a big list and the have everything in stock ready to go now. But if any one has spares let me know i will gratefully take them off your hands. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And every time i plan for a cruise something goes wrong. :evil:

Wish i could be problem free for at least a couple of months in a row.
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

Do what I've been doing: every couple of months, get a diff system looked at (or a couple depending on if there's something wrong with it) and see if any preventitive measures need to be taken.. Am hoping it will keep mine in pristine cond.

As for the cruise, I'm now out... I've got a paid gig on that weekend which was too good to pass up.. :?

I vote we try and arrange one for early December considering the amt of people unable to get to this one? Will start a new thread gauging interest.
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Sigh

Im in the same situation now, was soo keen for this. I have now got a 21st, 18th and baby shower on that weekend...ugh talk about luck.

December it is guys :roll:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Now you can see why we never have any cruise's :roll:
10FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by 10FTO »

simon you are so right , im very dissapointed , was looking forward to this one ...

well might just sell the car now , hehehehhee jokes

although if i keep having to answer a stupid question everytime i sign in im leaving this site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

Yeah baby im back in buisness, turned out to be less then expected and i have my car back. YAY :cry: <--tears of joy.

So i may be able to come now or lets re plan again for December.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Hey guys

I'm down for any cruise just needa let work know a few weeks earlier. By the looks of things its not happening on the 18th I'm right for December, just not the weekend of the 18th/19th/20th cos im turnin 18, wooo.