Heya from North Queensland...

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BoofHeadNQ
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Heya from North Queensland...

Post by BoofHeadNQ »

Hey to all you lucky FTO owners... Boof from North Queensland here... Townsville to be precise... Yes, I refer to you all as "lucky" as I do not "yet" own a FTO - The obsession started about 10 months ago when a mate asked to borrow my sedan for a few days while his in-laws were in town (he only owns the FTO between him & his missus so they needed something to cart the olds in) so we swapped for 3 days, my ch lancer sedan for his manual gpx... I tell you, he's lucky he got it back... I've been hooked since!
So yeah... I want an FTO... Bad... But - Here's the thing! I can't sell my lancer to buy one... Me & the missus have 1 bub already with numero 2 on the way (I only got away with the swap because she was down south visiting 'her' family at the same time)! AND... If I'm buying a FTO, I want to turn it into sex on wheels... So buying a registered car & then taking it off the road to strip down & rebuild into a vision of FTOesque beauty seems like overkill - Hence my intention is to buy an "unloved" or "ugly duckling" FTO who may be in need of some cosmetic & internal surgery & start from there... PROBLEM... Trying to find said example is proving troublesome... So - I come before you all... The drivers of that which I seek... The all knowing FTO-brain bank in a bid for enlightenment & possibly salvation... :D
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Welcome 8)

What a visionary :lol:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Welcome mate, all I say is patience...... and check this site and ebay regulary and eventually you will find said example.

GL
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Welcome to the club mate! :thumright: :thumleft:
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Be good when you do. I have family in Cairns and am thinking of road tripping my FTO up there for a visit.

Be patient and go for a good deal.
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

wttc
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

I'm in Queensland and have a fairly unloved FTO sitting in my driveway, where it has sat ever since I bought my new one. PM me for more details.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

wttc :D