how fast 0-100 and 0-400m fro a gpx 95 fto??

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO2sxy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

how fast 0-100 and 0-400m fro a gpx 95 fto??

Post by FTO2sxy »

ive got a ftp gpx 95 model, does anyone know what the figures are for stock 0-100km and quarter mile time, how do they compare to a type r.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

depends... manual or auto? best time i have managed on a manual is 7.3s (stock), but my friend's Type-R managed 7.0s (also stock). I have no idea what my own FTO does (with exhaust/filter/AFC) but it wouldn't be too far off from my PB...

if it's tiptronic auto, expect around 0.5 - 0.60secs slower (depending on the condition of the engine/transmission as well)
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

version rs are lighter thats why they get better times
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

they're marginally faster, but not by much though'... anyways, they're pretty much on par with the GPX performance wise, but yeh they're slightly lighter and comes equipped with LSD which helps put the power to the ground more effectively...
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Has anyone with a tiptronic GPX tried to time the 0-100km difference between auto mode and tiptronic mode? It's very hard to hit the MIVEC range unless u're shifting yourself.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i believe the tiptronic would be slightly faster, maybe by 0.15 secs or so... last time i tried the tiptronic i only managed 7.6s on the tip-mode (but that was with 2 passengers)

hope that helps somehow... :wink:
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Yeah it helps, but I can't seem to hit anywhere close to that time. I think the fastest time I got on tiptronic was about 9.0 secs (with no mods). But that timing was rough and relied slightly on my response time.

Was in a drag on Princess Hwy last night with a Comza and Skyline GTS-T. Showed the Skyline who was boss :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

there's gotta be something seriously wrong for a tiptronic MIVEC to clock 9.0s even in manual mode... that's much slower than a stock std GR tiptronic!

i think it may be due to dodgy fuel, extra weight from passengers, worn transmission, rough tuning... maybe it was your reaction time perhaps?
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I might not be hammering it enough :lol:
My mechanic told me to be a bit more conservative because he's seen a few FTOs fall apart cos of "reckless" acceleration. I usually take it to 6000 rpm and then shift up. I think i've only hit the redline once by accident (very loud music playing while in tiptronic mode =>>>> didn't notice the revs creeping up :oops: )

Otherwise, how would I be able to diagnose any problem that my FTO could potentially have? Should I get an engine tune done?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

just out of interest, who is this mechanic of yours?
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

does this mean all of our FTO's are going to fall apart???
Heck...if we didnt take it near redline the 'mivec' part of the engine would be useless....
and besides...the fun starts at about 6000 rpm ;)

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think the mechanic meant the whole thing will fall apart if the motor has not been cared for or serviced diligently... no matter how great an engine is, it'll just be a piece of wreck if they have been trashed without servicing and care...
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Has anyone redlined so badly that rev limiter kicked in?
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Yep, I did that quite a few times when I first purchased the car.

I haven't hit the speed limiter yet (although I must have come close) if mine has one that is!

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

Ive hit both rev limiter and speed limiter in my car already!
I would have thought that hitting the rev limiter is not such a bad thing.. at least you know its working!

The whole point of having an FTO is for the redline at 8k (but that's just me). I could never stay below 6k all the time! Peak torque is at 7500rpm right... so thats the best place to change gears. I think its different for GR.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i've gone as far as shifting at 8000rpm but i've never hit the rev or speed limiter - YET. ...prob because i'm a chicken sh*t since i love my MIVEC too much! :P

i'm looking at removing the speed-limiter, but not until major engine mods have been done to it...
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

i hit the rev limiter many times and all it does is cut the spark to the engine till your revs drop off a bit, no damage.

If you want to push it close to the rev limiter I suggest a shift light.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I don't normally drive it over 7000 rpm. But yeah like Danny I hit the rev limiter few times & the same thing happen, but since then i removed the limiter with Apexi RSM. It now just keep going all the way to 9500 rpm! I only done it twice as they were accident.