Broken Console Centre fix !

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shahrez
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Broken Console Centre fix !

Post by Shahrez »

Since a while back i was running low on cash and couldnt afford to have this annoying broken centre console replaced, i thought about fixing it myself!

All i used was

1. Epoxy glue
2. Hardening putty by selley's i think cant remember
3. Various Grit Sandpaper
4. Gloss black paint + Clear coat

Basically since both ends where snapped off, i glued them back in place to make sure they align properly and hold in place. And then i moulded the putty on top of the crack and also behind the crack for added stability and strength. I spread the area of load on the putty across the length of the crack to further strengthen it.

Waited an hour and then i started sanding the putty until it was 98% flush. Didnt want it 100% flush otherwise the putty would become too thin and hence defeat the purpose of having it in the first place!

Then i basically lightly sanded the top half of the console frame, degreased, and painted away + clear coat. Here are the pics.

Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

And yes i realise the title should be " Broken Centre console fix" not " console centre" lol
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Good work, except... I can clearly see where its been painted :\ Maybe you should have painted the entire thing :)
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

-Nighthawk- wrote:Good work, except... I can clearly see where its been painted :\ Maybe you should have painted the entire thing :)
cheers! i wanted to try to see how it would look with the glossy top half of the console and the ashtray and gear area could be seperate. i might paint it later on or leave it as it is, my main priority was to fix the broken joints and make sure the strength is there!
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Mate, you realise you can edit your first post and change the topic title?