Blended Facelift Ts Factory Stage 1

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nathan
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by nathan »

my veilside rear is from carmate, doesnt fit properly around the side past and under the right side tail light, plus is abit flimsy, always afraid im gonna snap it when i pick it up lol
nathan
Grease Monkey

Post by nathan »

my veilside rear is from carmate, doesnt fit properly around the side past and under the right side tail light, plus is abit flimsy, always afraid im gonna snap it when i pick it up lol
RxR

Post by RxR »

if its something they make its terrible,
whereas if its a mould from somewhere else i guess they better
edit: meaning carmate specifically lol...
Last edited by RxR on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

Ahhh, gotcha.. So is there any particular aussie producers which are reliable? Or better to get import goods?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

DMD tend to do a half decent job. Pretty expensive though. And if you are after facelift, there isnt much at all that you can get out of a mould. Thats why im looking at getting a mould made for this one. Did a trial fit over the weekend and then dropped the bits off today. Took some pictures over the weekend when I put it on the car. Will try and post up a couple tonight maybe.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

So when will the mould and bars be ready...?
    I just had to add it ......
    sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
    :utbnb:
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Well, I dropped it off just over a week ago now and was told 2 weeks when I dropped it off. Ill be contacting them later this week to find out how its going. Once ive got it back, ill post up some pictures and people can make a decision. If there is enough interest, Ill find out how long then.

Due to the site going down, lost the last post I sent up. Wekend before last I fitted the bar to the car to see how it looked and fitted (just befre it was dropped off).

Here are the pictures:

As to the bar itself, when I had a chat to the fibreglasser. The moulded bars would have the same tabs as a stock bar so that it will just bolt up to the existing mount points on the rheo. There will also be special metal tabs built into the bar to attach the grill mesh onto.
    Last edited by dstocks on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Richy
      Mechanic

Post by Richy »

and by the way....keep the 3 colours front... :hey:
      Bennoz
      National President

Post by Bennoz »

Its a little bit Benetton isn't it :lol:
      FTO84
      Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

That's sexy... Gunna stall on it for a bit though, puttin her in for a major service, trans flush, brake flush, new altenator and then leather seat covers.... bai bai moneys
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah looks good...

I really want this, but need to get my car to the spray painter some time soon ... So I was thinking of getting him to do this bar instead of repairing my stock one... As it is going through Insurance, I can't really delay it too much more as it has been "waiting parts" for a while...

So yeah, will have to see how it goes... :(
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      Gholdwayne
      Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

dstocks wrote:Well, I dropped it off just over a week ago now and was told 2 weeks when I dropped it off. Ill be contacting them later this week to find out how its going. Once ive got it back, ill post up some pictures and people can make a decision. If there is enough interest, Ill find out how long then.

Due to the site going down, lost the last post I sent up. Wekend before last I fitted the bar to the car to see how it looked and fitted (just befre it was dropped off).

Here are the pictures:

As to the bar itself, when I had a chat to the fibreglasser. The moulded bars would have the same tabs as a stock bar so that it will just bolt up to the existing mount points on the rheo. There will also be special metal tabs built into the bar to attach the grill mesh onto.
      Whoa haha! that look hideous right now! altho im really looking forward to the finished product. also dwayne, i noticed your headlights had rubber around it, wonder if you have spares.

And how much would a blended series 2 T's factory front bumper cost ?
      97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
      ...and when im not, im looking at her!
      ... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
      like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

A friggin lot more than the replicas will cost. Mine will cost me over a grand though by the time im done (about $1200). A good chunk of that was postage to get the facelift bar from Japan :( .

Having said that, the lucky individuals that buy one of the ones made from mine (which should look and fit exactly the same will be up for $500 (not including freight).

On a side note, also considering offering a further discount on that if i get your old bar (if its in good condition)
        Ferrus
        Apprentice

Post by Ferrus »

rofl, how much is freight to vic melbourne u reckon? if not, i will just drive to canberra and hand u my old factory bar and skirts :D

Besides, i would probably need the new lights from you too since mine is the old series ones.

I just hope the bar doesnt sit too low.
        J
        Oldtimer

Post by J »

hmmmmm... consider a trade for a s1 t's factory? hahaha
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Actually, I would consider that J as im maybe also looking at trying to get a prefacelift one done in a mould a little further down the track. This would make it cheaper.
          J
          Oldtimer

Post by J »

done matey. if you can get me a finished blended S2 and can get it to fit straight on your car i'll be happy with that :D

btw dwayne, imo i reckon the number plate would look better mounted on the bottom of the bar. not much you can do now since its sent to the shop though hehe
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

yeah, and remember its a stock bar being used for that part, so lots of stuffing around to make that happen im afraid. I spoke to them yesterday and its now looking like mid to late next week when ill get it back.
            aza013
            NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

This is going to look hot :twisted:
            arctan
            Grease Monkey

Post by arctan »

aza013 wrote:This is going to look hot :twisted:
            ditto can't wait now given my off road trip with my front bar