clutch options

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

simo
jedwabna poszewka promocja

clutch options

Post by simo »

hey, gotta get a new clutch mines making some really cool noises I've got an exedy at the moment but has anyone tried anything else or different models? wanna get some opinions.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

exceedy tried and true mate and for cost cant go wrong
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
simo

too much or to little?

Post by simo »

what do rekon out of range, go the button or to much for a daily driver stick with heavy duty? by the way i don't mind hammering my clutch but gotta deal with traffic everyday!
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I have a exeedy heavy duty and I found it harsh at first for everyday driving but after I got used to it, it was perfect.

If you want something better suited for everyday driving, try a Exeedy organic clutch.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

koolio1234 wrote:I have a exeedy heavy duty and I found it harsh at first for everyday driving but after I got used to it, it was perfect.

If you want something better suited for everyday driving, try a Exeedy organic clutch.
lol try driving a truck around in the city for a week and then get back into the FTO, it will feel like the clutch is made with playdo :lol:
simo

Post by simo »

I've got a heavy duty in it at the moment and it dosen't bother me, just want to know if anyone's had a button or cushioned button or if it's only useful for quarter etc
FTOhh how I love mivec
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

simo wrote:I've got a heavy duty in it at the moment and it dosen't bother me, just want to know if anyone's had a button or cushioned button or if it's only useful for quarter etc
I've often heard button clutches are best reserved when your dealing with massive power figures (waaaay more than stock) otherwise its just a pain to drive.
aza013 wrote:lol try driving a truck around in the city for a week and then get back into the FTO, it will feel like the clutch is made with playdo :lol:
I used to drive my old mans isuzu 3.8L diesel pantech around, boy was it fun, the clutch was so primitive :lol: After i got back into my daily, I almost drove my foot through the floor pan.. :D
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

aza013 wrote:lol try driving a truck around in the city for a week and then get back into the FTO, it will feel like the clutch is made with playdo :lol:
I used to drive my old mans isuzu 3.8L diesel pantech around, boy was it fun, the clutch was so primitive :lol: After i got back into my daily, I almost drove my foot through the floor pan.. :D[/quote]

Ditto, but with a 1961 Series II Landrover. Great machine.
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

push button clutchs are a pain in the ass for daily driving. I used to drive my mates 800hp skyline and it was a c**t to drive in town man engages so hard.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Agreed with above sentiment, put a button in it & use it as a daily driver & you'll curse the day you did it.

There are a stack of clutches available for the FTO that will cope with big power. Especially considering you've got the choice of EVO III clutches to choose from. By default the EVO III has a heavier pressure plate as its a factory turbo, so you can use a sports organic clutch disc with a 1 tonne evo pressure plate.

Thats what Im using to cope with over 300 front wheel kws from a nitroed 6A13.

http://www.exedy.com.au/SpecSheet.aspx? ... owId=63355