Aston Martin brake setup

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

markj113
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Aston Martin brake setup

Post by markj113 »

Just got my hands on some nice Aston Martin calipers and discs :)

Apparently same calipers as the Ferrari 360 uses front + rear too.

Specs -

Calipers -

4 pot Brembos. monoblock + radial mounting
Width approx 150mm
length 280mm

Discs - 330mm + grooved.

Aston Martin stud pattern is the same as the fto so discs will go on just have to hope the offset is ok for clearance on the discs.

Have spoke to the Freak and will be sending a caliper and disc off to him to get some mounting brackets made up and will then just have to sort out some custom braided hoses :)

So hopefully got the braking sorted for when I finish off my supercharger project :)
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Thats pretty cool. Thatll pull it up nicely. Put up some pics when they ar fitted. You leaving them black?

While ive got you, I dont suppose I could get a few more pics of your car (and specifically the rear). If im not wrong youre the one with the Aston Martin inspired rear bar. Is that correct?. Have to say, job well done. Your rear bar is in my opinion better than any other out there by a mile. Wouldnt mind having a closer look from a few different angles.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    markj113
    Apprentice

Post by markj113 »

mine isnt the one with Aston rear. I have a carbon fibre HKS front bumper and Carbon evo style bonnet with genuine veilside skirts and Version R spoiler.

Also have a project F style wide arch kit to go on when ive finshed the supercharger off.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Damn, was worth a try. Was sure that was you
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Bennoz
      National President

Post by Bennoz »

That'll do the job!

What sorta pad choice will you get over there? Is the car being used as a daily driver as well?
      markj113
      Apprentice

Post by markj113 »

Bennoz wrote:That'll do the job!

What sorta pad choice will you get over there? Is the car being used as a daily driver as well?
      Car is a daily driver, currently has almost new pads with the caliper but EBC red stuff and yellow stuff are available too. The EBC pads are much cheaper than the OEM ones that cost £225 a pair too 8)
      markj113
      Apprentice

Post by markj113 »

Update:

Good news, just test fitted the discs and they fit perfectly. Clear the bottom arm by around 3-4mm and the calipers will go under my RX8 wheels easily :D

Now just have to get some brakets made up by the Freak.

330mm vented discs compared to FTO GPX discs -

You can see just how much bigger the new discs are when you compare the size of the disc to the two holes drilled in the alloys just up from the centre -

Bit of bad news though, when I removed the wheel I just discoverd the camber must be out and the inner part of the tyres is totaly knackered so now need to buy 2 new front tyres :cry:
      markj113
      Apprentice

Post by markj113 »

forgot to update this thread, all fitted and done :)

a before and after -

RallyMad
      Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

well done, looks great!
      mosti
      Mechanic

Post by mosti »

Good stuff there. Those disks look almost double the size of your old ones haha.