Willowbank

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

pete_gpx
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Willowbank

Post by pete_gpx »

A few friends and I are heading down to Willowbank tonight for the weekly Test and Tune they have running for a few runs. Just for fun, not really aiming to pull any amazing passes, although it would be nice to score some low 15s on my first time out.

Just thought I'd post this up to see if anyone is interested in coming down, either to race or spectate. It's $40 to race, which gives entry to a passenger as a spectator as well, or $25 for standard entry, I believe.

Requirements are a long sleeved shirt or jumper, long pants (jeans are fine) and an ADR approved helmet (any motorcycle helmet is fine, including open faced ones.)

If anyone sees this and makes it down, my name's Pete and I'll be in the red GPX with a blue front bar.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Had a hell of a lot of fun. Some of the most exciting seconds of my life that I've spent.

I had terrible runs, as it was my first time and I have had absolutely no experience. That being said, I loved it.

Traction was my main issue, as was getting out of the 'driving on the street' mindset and just cutting loose. I only managed to get 3 runs in, although that was only due to my friends and I arriving at 7.30.

1st run: Dropped the clutch at about 5000rpm and put the foot to the floor... Which resulted in wheel spin all through 1st and then bogging down in second. Ended with a 17.303.

2nd run: Tried launching at 3500rpm, although I was still too quick with the accelerator. Wheel spin wasn't quite as bad, however I rushed second a little and spun pretty badly entering the gear. Ended with a 16.389, beating the CE lancer next to me.

3rd run: Had a great launch, easing the clutch out a lot slower. Had a terrible change into second, however, which resulted in wheel spin and bogging down. Achieved a 16.334, again beating the same CE Lancer.

I was happy with the results, overall. Next time I'll definitely take some air out of the front tyres and will take out my spare tyre to lighten the load a little. My FTO is also running very rich at the moment, which I'm sure is changing the performance, but hopefully some new leads and plugs will sort that out.

Looking forward to the next time out and definitely think the Queensland members around should give it a go, if they haven't already.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Good work man, glad you enjoyed yourself.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Sounds like it was a good time. I'd love to see what my 33 does. Simon, would you be keen to take your green machine down there one night? Should organise it with a few members maybe?? Or not, lol.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah definitly keen been hanging out to do it for ages. It's just a time issue.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Yeah I have major time issues these days too. Ah well, one day soon I hope...