Website Help. This forum is for problems with the website not for car help
If you are having problems creating an account - please post in here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Nacho
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Vic Gallery Request

Post by Nacho »

Hi moderators. I'm a long time member and always seem to be one with the camera at our Vic and even one of our interstate events. As I have hundreds of photos I'm just wondering if I can have access to upload photos and create new folders just in the Vic Gallery section. I have been trying to hand over these photos for some time now to the Vic Coordinator but we live on opposite ends of the earth and he's just as busy as I am.

Any help would be much appreciated.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Done, you've now got full privileges on the VIC gallery ;)

Just remember when you upload pics, to resize them. Im not so much concerned with pictures size, but the file size of each pic. Ie uploading 30 pics over 2 meg each will take forever. Use something like Image resizer to reduce the filesize.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Thanks Ben. I've still got heaps of photos from Dwayne's house to go up too. I've got some pretty good photo editing and resizing software so before I start with the pics, what's an acceptable filesize range for your photo storage?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Ahh ok, I've just added you to the interstate folder as well for the dstock stuff.

Most of the pics are around the 200k mark. In essecence you can upload anysize you like, its just the bigger it is, the longer it takes - due to the fact it adds it both to the file structure and a reference also goes into the Gallery database.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

I finally found time to do one gallery in the Vic section and just wondering whether it's possible for the album to not show the filename? Also....how do I choose which pic I want as the album cover?

Are these things do-able?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Actually never mind. I figured out another way! :D