Nice pics you got.

are those rims momo sports?

If not what are they, I have been lookign for somethign like them

ta

benny
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

can't tell if they are genuine Momo Sport rims, but there are plenty of copies that look exactly similar... Check out ANZ wheels page at http://www.tyres.com there is one that looks exactly like it... (should be much cheaper too)
bennieboy
Apprentice

Momo Copies?

Post by bennieboy »

02NV,

They wouldnt be as light or as high quality as MOMOS though.

Do you think they will help improve handling, have no difference or make halndling worse?

Have you any experince with them?

ta

benny
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

quite frankly, i don't believe the genuine Momo rims are lightweight items to begin with...

as much as i hate to admit it, the quality is negligable at best... sure you won't get the genuine badges, but it's not like you notice the difference anyway... i would safely bet that your accelleration times and handling characteristics would be unnoticeable with both rims fitted.

...but that's just me :wink:
bennieboy
Apprentice

Enkei rims?

Post by bennieboy »

O2NV,

How are Enkei Rims?

I am hoping to import a white fto and I reckon some white rims would look sweet

but again the preformance enhancement would be unnotciable eh?

I heard volk rims cost heaps I would love to get soem but no place in Australia has them, they have to order them especially.

Or do you recommend the Replicas in general as they cost half as much and they perform just as well

ta

benny
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

white rims on white cars look sensational... in fact sometimes i even wished i had a white FTO, but oh well... :roll:

some enkei rims are genuinely lightweight items, but depending on the model they can be quite expensive too... but the advantage is that you know you are getting true lightweight rims and jap-cred...

if you are not fussed about lightweight rims, then your options are as far as your wallet or credit card can stretch... Rays wheels are very, very expensive because they are true lightweight rims (esp the TE37) but yes, finding someone to bring them in can be quite daunting and costly.

if you are more into looks and only alone, there are plenty of good looking copies available, like the Lensos and HR Racing...

...whatever you do, try to stay away from chromies - they've been done to death!
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

i cred my own wheels :lol: haha Rp01's 17 x 7.5's lite' and really strong... i think

though they dont make em anymore... Rp02's are 4 stud'
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

Hey bennieboy

Chaser performance in Sydney imports Volks wheels. However from memory I was quote 1200 for 17inch TE37. And that's just the one rim!!!

I m currently looking for them in the secondhand range
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I know someone in Melbourne who can bring a set of 18x8 Rays TE37 for $3600 + tyres...

...i could have my MIVEC's internals blueprinted and balanced for that sort of money!
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

mickey got it right they are ANZ rims and they are not that heavy. I am more worried about the tyres gripping then the weight of the rims
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dannyboyau wrote:mickey got it right they are ANZ rims and they are not that heavy. I am more worried about the tyres gripping then the weight of the rims
dude, have you forgotten? more weight on the driving wheels = more grip! lol... :P