Who is it?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Robbie
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Who is it?

Post by Robbie »

So i found out yesterday that one of the storemen from JB Gepps cross has a brother that has a FTO. and even better, he's part of a club for the car. which makes me assume this club.

So.
Who is it?
:D
Chev

Post by Chev »

Not me. Perhaps I should introduce myself to this forum...

I bought my GPX about 6 years ago. Its in original condition with 72,000 Km on the ODO and still has japanese rego stickers on it. Since then Ive had it resprayed in Stealth Silver with prismatic flakes and the rear spoiler removed. Ive also installed a Viper 7900 alarm with lots of extras including proximity sensors, and also wired in the mirrors so when the alarm is enabled the windows and mirrors close. Dropped in a touch screen TFT but not really interested in a large ICE system. The car is immaculate except for a tiny bit of noise in the tappets, may try some nulon E20 to see if that helps. Soon I'd like to add some coilovers, shadow chrome mags and window tint to complete the project. It has seasonal rego and is only driven in sunny weather and "never" leave it in a car park unless I can double-park LOL

A bit about me... I'm, 33yrs old and have been a car enthusiast since I was old enough to own matchbox cars. My first project car was a HT Kingswood in which I did the work to rebuilt the engine completely. Acid dipped and detail painted the block. Detailed midnight blue engine bay. Added a 60thou overbore, crane cam, 350 Holley, high compression head, SS extractors, 2" exhaust, B&M Shifter, had the trans tricked and lots more I cant really remember all of it now. I redid the interior throughout in velour, made fibreglass moulds for the huge stereo and remoulded the rear parcel shelf in the shape of hills in which sat 2x12" subs and amp then finished with a nice lighting display.

I've had my fun with V8's, hot engines and over-the-top stereo's and now look for cars with simplicity, reliabillity and good looks... hence my FTO is stock. It is my pride and joy :D

I do all of my own work on anything wherever possible. I work as an IT engineer and enjoy country cruises on my low-rider (dont like the Adelaide hills for cruises!).

cheers ;)
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

Don't know if I've said it previously, but welcome to the club. About time we got another car nut SA member.
if you can try copying what you wrote into the newbies section, you'd get a lot more responses there. :D

oh, and the brother's name is Travis....
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

ahaha robbie I know who travis is, have him on facebook :) he said he hasnt been as active in the club lately

also apprently theres some one in this club that works with my friend thomas at glenelg that drives an fto :)
Chev

Post by Chev »

Thanks Robbie for the welcome.

I dont know anyone who has an FTO. Sometimes they wizzzz past me in my poop-box barina when I drive to work. Can you believe I got the barina up to 125km/h one day driving to Yorks LOL..... I miss driving my gpx :o

I'm sure as summer sets-in there will be plenty of opportunity ;)

A funny story, my little brother was upset his RX7 could not out performe the FTO as easily as he wanted, so he imported a new one for about 50K. Im not sure what model it is but it looks so awesome and has every race mod you could want. Now he wants to go for that elusive "re-race to Clare Valley", yet I avoid it knowing this way I still can declare the FTO is better :o
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

Chev wrote: A funny story, my little brother was upset his RX7 could not out performe the FTO as easily as he wanted, so he imported a new one for about 50K.
serious? He imported a $50k car just to gone one over your FTO? Man I wish I could afford a car like that just because I feel like it. *jealous*
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

KatieFTO wrote:ahaha robbie I know who travis is, have him on facebook :) he said he hasnt been as active in the club lately

also apprently theres some one in this club that works with my friend thomas at glenelg that drives an fto :)
then get their butts moving! I want active members in SA!! :lol: