Hey everyone.

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dan25
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Dan25 »

So I see you bought the red FTO from Sippy Downs.

How does it go. Have you had any problems with it?

The reason I ask is because I actually had a really weird experience with the owner. He had it up for sale for 10K when I was looking for a car back in February and when I called to enquire about it he told me it was sold. Then it reappeared for 15K from the same owner and I thought that it seemed really shady, so I tried to contact the owner again and pretend I was interested but he didn't reply to me.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Dan25 wrote:So I see you bought the red FTO from Sippy Downs.

How does it go. Have you had any problems with it?

The reason I ask is because I actually had a really weird experience with the owner. He had it up for sale for 10K when I was looking for a car back in February and when I called to enquire about it he told me it was sold. Then it reappeared for 15K from the same owner and I thought that it seemed really shady, so I tried to contact the owner again and pretend I was interested but he didn't reply to me.
Hey buddy,

Yeah It goes good now, Yeh it was the one from Sippy Downs and yeah he told me he originally had it up for 15k but didn't really want to sell it at that time, so he refused the people and told them it was sold, then he put it back up for 11k (when i saw it) and I had a look/test drive and was alright, then i looked up a few things cos it had VIC rego, found out i had to completely remove the rego and register it, and i had my quote from JUST CARS, so I couldn't really afford 11,000 just for the car. So I got him down to 10k.

Since Ive had it (got it on the 8th so just over a week). I have had the clutch plate/pressure plate go, and the starter motor.

Ive had my mechanic fully go over it and besides a little oil leak he said everything else should be alright, I drive it everyday. And it seems to be okay, there was some things that he did that kinda made me feel suss aswell, cant recall any at the moment but I was just so obsessed with the FTO and couldnt find any others that I liked so I just went ahead with it.

Probably not the smartest thing ive done but yeah, I love it :D Just hoping nothing else is about to go :(

Laters dude.
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

I know how you feel, I saw my car for sale on here and wanted it no matter what.

The battery died, starter motor, alternator and the paint has needed a fair bit of work getting to look how it should but its worth it :) its such an awesome little car :D
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Sophia wrote:I know how you feel, I saw my car for sale on here and wanted it no matter what.

The battery died, starter motor, alternator and the paint has needed a fair bit of work getting to look how it should but its worth it :) its such an awesome little car :D
Yeah did it happen like 2 days after u bought it though lol :(

Like cmon atleast a month. Lol.
Yeah your car looks sick as, gotta meet up and check it out :P
:)
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Yeah 2days after I bought it I was still pretty much driving it back from Melbourne when I picked it up :P

Meet up sounds great. Hope this December cruise happens, would be perfect
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Sophia wrote:Yeah 2days after I bought it I was still pretty much driving it back from Melbourne when I picked it up :P

Meet up sounds great. Hope this December cruise happens, would be perfect
Oh wow that sucks, but hey it makes me feel better, but the way i think about it, hey it was gonna happen now or then, its a clutch and stator motor lol, so atleast now I know they arn't going to go anytime soon.. :D
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Exactly, set for life :D .....sorta lol
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Sophia wrote:Exactly, set for life :D .....sorta lol
Lol i dunno for life but for long enough :P haha.

I got some pics done of my car from my mate and it was ontop of a coles carpark , it was completely pitch dark.. bad pics cos only from facebook but yeah it came out real nice, when i get full sized ill post up the better ones. Image

if you can see the red line around the car it was my other mate driving around on his bloody *~delightful!~* moped lol.. looks cool though so idc :P
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

FFS. Heard a ticking noise tonight on the way home frmo work, did not sound very good at all, and i dont know to much about engines but i opened it up and it definatly sounded like a belt..
I could see the belt and it was frayed/half ripped down the centre, didnt know which one though.

Called RACQ and it was my aircon/power steering belt and some had gone into my CV shaft pulley? i think that is what he said, but after turning it off, and on again, each time we got more of the belt out of the pulley...then I got the belt cut off and drove home without powersteering (because i wasnt gonna risk it snapping and f**king something else in my motor), will get a new one put in tomorrow
Though Im glad it was nothing to serious... still not happy, thats 3 things now .. in what? just over a week and a half :(

Hopefully things get better ffs.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

6PK1080 - walk into your local autoshop & quote that belt part number. You wont pay anymore than about $20 bucks & its a 10 minute job to replace.

Oh & welcome to the club :)

Something tells me, that with 48 posts in the 10 days you've been signed up - that you're our newest post whore :lol:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:6PK1080 - walk into your local autoshop & quote that belt part number. You wont pay anymore than about $20 bucks & its a 10 minute job to replace.

Something tells me, that with 48 posts in the 10 days you've been signed up - that you're our newest post whore :lol:
/agree on the post whore :D
Gah I know nothing about engines lol :(
I just chucked it down at my mechanic, he won't charge me much, he knows im a student and im poor :D

EDIT: I'm on the computer a lot, especially considering im studying IT :(.. lol. So yeah hence why i'm a post whore
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Hey everyone.

Post by I8A4RE »

Hi WTTC stef, isnt that a girls name?

:mrgreen:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

:lol: bro

this is such a funny night
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hmmmm The he/she throws like a girl
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

QLD jacuzzi meet? Kinky.
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Supplanter wrote:QLD jacuzzi meet? Kinky.
Nah facebook FTW
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

I'm special. What can I say.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

^ like retarded? :scratch:
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Re:

Post by SchumieFan »

Bennoz wrote:6PK1080 - walk into your local autoshop & quote that belt part number. You wont pay anymore than about $20 bucks & its a 10 minute job to replace.

and so it began... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

:facepalm: :lol:

@Ghlody, yes.
Taz wrote:When funds allow