I need an FTO but cant get money any one trade skills for ca

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Ashby
jedwabna poszewka promocja

I need an FTO but cant get money any one trade skills for ca

Post by Ashby »

Hi Guys

Im really keen to get an FTO but banks are saying no to me for finance so i was wondering if someone would like a trade. I am a website developer (this is my day job) what i am offering is my skills up to the value of the FTO offered to me. Would prefer GPX Mivec V6 2.0L.

Open to suggestions, my old boss use to drive one and i really would like one.

Im in WA, please give a guy a chance

Either reply to this or email me at james@ashbys.com.au or my mobile is 0400902914.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Doing $8000 of website development? With that quality of work?
Maybe someone needs about 30 websites developed :\
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

websites can cost over $8000, considering usually for something basic (very basic) your looking at $2200 min, thats just info no forums or shops etc. Ive seen sites done for $10,000+ all depends on what the person would like. And were are you pulling quality from? my ashbys website? thats a bad example thats just a testing environment i use. I can provide examples if asked for them
Jazaa
Apprentice

Post by Jazaa »

Ashby wrote:websites can cost over $8000, considering usually for something basic (very basic) your looking at $2200 min, thats just info no forums or shops etc. Ive seen sites done for $10,000+ all depends on what the person would like.
honestly if you could spend that much on your website
why the hell would you own an fto
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Cause it's a good car and Im on an averge wage company I work for sees most of it
Jazaa
Apprentice

Post by Jazaa »

Ashby wrote:Cause it's a good car and Im on an averge wage company I work for sees most of it
No, what i meant was the people you are doing the work for.

Ashby wrote: Im really keen to get an FTO but banks are saying no to me for finance so i was wondering if someone would like a trade. I am a website developer (this is my day job) what i am offering is my skills up to the value of the FTO offered to me. Would prefer GPX Mivec V6 2.0L.

you are offering your work to an FTO owner, to make a website for them. And they pay you with the FTO. correct?

what i said was, if they could fork out 10k on a website, why would they own an FTO?
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Ah sorry my bad, not sure my old boss who owned the website design company I use to work for owns an fto so not sure good question I've seen some ftos that world have thousands of dollars of mods to it so not sure good question. I just thought I'd ask just just in case there's that one person out there that might be interested
Jazaa
Apprentice

Post by Jazaa »

sorry if it sounded harsh, it wasnt meant to be.

(it is the internet after all) hahaha
but like, in all honesty, it will b a very lucky find.

maybe broaden your horrizons, and look at companies who can provide that sort of deal, earn the money and then look at buying?

or if that takes too long, get them to pay in weekly installments, like a wage, and get out a loan?

all options mate
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Hahaha nah all good mate I understand

I've tried loans and all that tried everythin but this banks all said NO lol (but yea for 24000 for a new car)

to much i reckon rather an fto than holden cruze lol

just thought I'd give it a go all it takes is that one person to say hey that sounds interesting and if nothing happens I havnt lost anything, like it doesn't Hirt to ask you no
Jazaa
Apprentice

Post by Jazaa »

exactly mate, we are only here to help :D

but seriously all the best mate!
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Cheers mate
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Whilst I can't offer you a car, you any good with phpnuke skins? (.css style sheets)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Whilst I can't offer you a car, you any good with phpnuke skins? (.css style sheets)
hahahahaha, nice ben.

@ Ashby, mate here is what you do. GO to a car dealer.......THey will get you finance... Trust me. It may not be the best deal in the wrold BUT THEY WILL GET YOU FINANCE.
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

First of Im not familiar with nuke but I know heaps with joomla Ive developed my own stuff for it and know it inside and out and can solve any problem using it joomla is the future

also in regards to dealer finance tried it and can't do it I've been denied by all banks and dealers only thing I can get finance on is a brand new Holden cruze for $24000 witch is way of what I can afford or Kia rio which I don't think well I know it's not what I want

I also have ideas for custom sound system diy project and don't really want to do it to a brand new car

love the fto

any one who wants a website let me know be happy to do it money would go towards an fto even if it means I got to do a few

Anyone who can help me please let me know
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

$2000 minimum for a basic site? Can I see some of the work you do?
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Of the top of my head here is just a couple of sites I've worked on:
www.mediart.com.au (I also worked for these guys the boss who is friend of mine too owns a Fto)
www.furphys.com.au
www.tcof.com.au (design is not mine got it given to me by a designer and had to turn the psd into a website)
www.chidlowswell.com.au
www.embracingmachineembroidery.com
www.claytonfirearms.com.au
www.viccityarms.com.au

and much more

I apollagiZe in advance if some don't work as I said earlier they are of to of head Im on my iPhone typing this so there might be spelling mistakes

If there are errors let me know and i'll post a correct list

I have nver done a project were I have had to turn to the client and so no sorry can't do it

hope this is all good

look foward to responses

ashby
Last edited by Ashby on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Bennoz wrote:Whilst I can't offer you a car, you any good with phpnuke skins? (.css style sheets)

why not? sounds like a fair trade to me!

btw have you acctually named your car??? :scratch:

club competition?
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

cheers mate good to here that, are you interested? Oh and was the car nam pointed at me if so i dont have an FTO to name yet though i have names in mind
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

hmmmm its gone quiet.... anyone im open to all deals an queries that could get me just that little bit closer to owning my very own FTO
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

I don't see how they are worth $2000, something like that I would be charging around $1200 for the full site