Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Pic Update as @ 11/01/10

Post by rock_it »

Hi all,

Well, I was able to load up some new pics on my cardomain page, and since I can't access photbucket at work I will link them this way ...

Here are the pics of the bar courtesy of Dwayne ... Considering my front fender is a bit out of alignment (from the little accident a while ago), this bar has pretty much fit straight on with little fuss... Aza and I attacked each others cars a few weeks ago to fit them ... So big thanks to Aza for his help too...

Hopefully to be painted in the next week or so ... With a few little additions here and there... I think I have set the coilovers to have 11-12cm of ground clearance from the lowest point of the bar... Which are those little pod parts at the front...
Last edited by rock_it on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Thats a real nice bar there rock it (car one 8O )

Does look a little strange with front higher than rear though looks you can go lower without too much hassle but maybe raise rear a little too
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Actually, when it is on flat ground, the back is higher then the front ...

I think we have close to 20cm clearance from the lowest part of the rear.. It is also that the tyres on the rear are 235's when the front are 215's... So the guard does not get full up with tyre...

As the fronts are only new, when they wear out, they will get 225's while the rear will remain with 235's ..
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
El_Ade
Grease Monkey

Post by El_Ade »

Looks good man! :thumleft:

What front bumper is that?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Geez, i though i was looking at sams car for a minute....... You know that carbon bonnet and 2 DIFFERENT RIMS lol.

Nah looks wicked man, nice work
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

El_Ade wrote:Looks good man! :thumleft:

What front bumper is that?
It is the VersionR (or Facelift front bar) that is blended with a T's Factory lip... There is the group buy threas started by Dstocks here ... I am pretty sure he still has some left, so get in now if you want one... Cheap price, and it really is a great build ... It literally just lines straight up ...
I8A4RE wrote:Geez, i though i was looking at sams car for a minute....... You know that carbon bonnet and 2 DIFFERENT RIMS lol.

Nah looks wicked man, nice work
Blahahaha ... But missing the chopped bar and intercooler... I remember the photo you are talking about though... It had stock Nissan rims on it ... Maybe that is why I got the secret question wrong... Blahahahahah ...

(and since this is my thread I can go off topic) ... What is this I was reading about you not making the bonfire ..... C'mon man ...
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Mmmmmmmm that is sex on wheels :twisted:
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

sweet :D

EDIT: needs more low hehe
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Looks really good, cant really fault that front bar :thumleft:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Thanks guys... I must admit, I can't stop looking @ her...

Lol @ J ... Would love to put her lower, but I like being able to get out of my driveway... And going to the shops... :lol:
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

rock_it wrote:Thanks guys... I must admit, I can't stop looking @ her...

Lol @ J ... Would love to put her lower, but I like being able to get out of my driveway... And going to the shops... :lol:
muahaha just do what i do, angle up, reverse straight, angle again... repeat if need be... OR long angle through the neighboors grass

cant wait to get my bc coils in...
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

J wrote:
rock_it wrote:Thanks guys... I must admit, I can't stop looking @ her...

muahaha just do what i do, angle up, reverse straight, angle again... repeat if need be... OR long angle through the neighboors grass

cant wait to get my bc coils in...
Which BC's did you get ... The normal ones, or the Golds... ???
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

havnt recieved them yet, they wont go in till i wear out my front tyres. got 235/45/18 on the fronts and they just make it under the fender. thats with fender lipping and pulling and some bashing to the wheel wells.

215/35/18 will go on next and then low

good to see your cf bonnet didnt get too damaged from the accident aswell :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah.. It held up pretty well ... Only damage was due to her spare tyre sitting on it ...

You sure you want 215's ... :?: I have them on mine, and with the coilovers it is a real bumpy ride... Which is why I want the 225 front and 235 rear ... Give a bit more of a cushion ... I have heard the BC's are pretty rough too ...

You getting em from Just Jap :?:

If so, let me know, and I can pick em up for you ... Unless you are going there yourself .. But either way, would still like to check em out...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I wouldnt be going anything smaller than 225 and just so you know its going to hobbling on 35 make sure you dont hit any pot holes..... trust me i got them on mine :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Dropping her off at the panel shop on this coming Saturday ..

Hopefully it will be finished by Australia Day, but knowing my luck it wont... Ohhh well ... What can you do ..

I would say more then likely it will be ready by the next weekend ... Lets see how it goes.. Going to be doing a couple of things while it is in there ...
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

rock_it wrote:Yeah.. It held up pretty well ... Only damage was due to her spare tyre sitting on it ...

You sure you want 215's ... :?: I have them on mine, and with the coilovers it is a real bumpy ride... Which is why I want the 225 front and 235 rear ... Give a bit more of a cushion ... I have heard the BC's are pretty rough too ...

You getting em from Just Jap :?:

If so, let me know, and I can pick em up for you ... Unless you are going there yourself .. But either way, would still like to check em out...
no not from just jap, i thought they only sold the streets (red/black sets)

i can always change spring rates if its too ruff. but if it cant be allot more teeth jarring then mine now. honestly i can live with it

with tyres i'll still go 215/35 or 215/45... reason for this is for the stretch over the wheel so i can get better wheel fitment.