KMC carbon EL dials

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

vipfto
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

KMC carbon EL dials

Post by vipfto »

Ok as some of you may know before the crash of site my KMC white el dials decided to sh*t themselves at the actual power invertor and I had decided to purchase the carbon style EL ones from FTOOC shop in UK

well they finally arrived and quality seems great I will post up some day time pics of them tommorrow as they dont have a pic of this on their site. And they only cost about $100 delivered so bargin I feel :D Hope they will look as sweet as my white ones did but will now have to change oil temp and pressure gauges to carbon style ones to suit :roll:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

If they look good and you can get them on with out taking the needles off I will decently be getting a red set
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Ey man are these the same as the old ones that used to light up and have their own lights in them that you wire in mAn
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

nvr2low wrote:Ey man are these the same as the old ones that used to light up and have their own lights in them that you wire in mAn
yip thats the one thats why I got them hence the name EL dials they have a inverter that wires into light circuit and dimmer switch etc exactly same as old KMC ones

will have pics up later just gotta figure out how to put them on. As I have the alloy needle cups on and they are glued in :roll: so cant just slip them over the top like normal :x I'll get it done today though
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Sick I am so buying a set I have alway wanted them so bad
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yeah ill put up some day pics and night ones (but you can see night ones on there site) got today off so will make start soon
just takes a while for them to arrive I bought them 1st Dec and only got them yesterday 8O

I have the rest of the dash dress up (surround/cups/rings) so will post up pic pf that too :D
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

some pics quality not greatest but can see how they look, also can change actual colour from a couple of blues and greens and a white

[/url]http://img59.imageshack.us/i/dsc00407s.jpg[url]

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/dsc00405r.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/dsc00404p.jpg

Hope they work, not really good at pics etc
Last edited by vipfto on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

they dont work :P
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

try again :roll:

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

They look sick man i bought a set man just before do they slide over the needles man
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

sure do as long as you dont have the cups glued on like mine :x
had to pull out needle and fit dials then replace and its a ^&*! of a job trying to get them right again. But yeah real easy install (but I previously had connected as had the white ones before)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Wiring is no problem man as I am a electrian and do u glue them to the faces man how do you secure them
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

nvr2low wrote:Wiring is no problem man as I am a electrian and do you glue them to the faces man how do you secure them
just use thin doublesided tape its more then capable and you can then remove them if need be for some reason
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Sick Man can't wait to get home and install them man hehe. Do you poke the cables through the back man. What did you wire them up to man ie headlights
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yeah just install through holes in back of dash (you may need to cut and re-join some)
It has an inverter just wire into light circuit (just have mine into parkers on the fog light switch) real easy mate you will see when you do it
but they do take a long time to arrive although xmas was in between my order and delivery about 6 weeks usually stuff I got from there takes about month
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Ok man sweet well I bought them today so let's hope they get here soon. Mmm I might have to find the wire to the headlight so I can run them off that anybody know which one it is.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

just get the test light out It runs into fog light switch and put mine to parkers (which stay on with headlights) so I always know if any lights are on ;)

But I will be pulling mine out again before you will get yours so i can let you know which wire it is then :D
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Ok man sweet as thanks yeah I will want mine to come on with my parkers which comes on with the stalk not my foglights
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

they will come on with fogs unless you have moded them.
Do your dash lights come on with just fogs on? if so connect there real easy to get to
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

looks hot...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb: