What work did you do on your car today?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Tippin
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Tippin »

aza013 wrote:The closest thing I did to work on the car today was drive it and renew my insurance $1117 later all done. But in saying that if the car get stolen or wiped out I get $18500 :D

;)
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

aza013 wrote:The closest thing I did to work on the car today was drive it and renew my insurance $1117 later all done. But in saying that if the car get stolen or wiped out I get $18500 :D
whys yours insured for so much! with all the stuff ive done to mine and everything mines only insured for $19700 i wouldve liked 20 something :(
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

nvr2low wrote:What do you mean furthest away man were do you put them washes please show
if your talking about lifting the bonnet heres what you do

1. remove the plastic water guide (just beneath the windscreen), there are little clip things. take your time because these snap
2. remove the rubber strip that goes along the top of the engine bay. without this more air can escape the engine bay
3. [one side at a time] you have 2 bolts that connect the bonnet hinge to the chassis on each side. undo the top heads of the bolts and slip your washers on.
4. once done slide the hinge back on the 2 bolts and retighten the heads. easy peasy bonnet lift

- do the other side

5. put the plastic water guide back on
6. take off any wires that may be earthed to the firewall and earth them elsewhere

tips:
- if you use to many washers your bolt head wont have much thread on the bolt... high speeds + weak bonnet latch attatchment = death
- if your bonnet is vented then listen to capatain obvious - ''you dont need to do this''
- dont put the washers on the latch > bonnet side because when you lift up the bonnet the corners touch the chassis, which damages paint

hope that helps mate
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Valandis91 wrote:
whys yours insured for so much! with all the stuff ive done to mine and everything mines only insured for $19700 i wouldve liked 20 something :(
I could have put it at $23000 but I would have to pay more each year. As for why it's at that price because I too have done work to it and to get a new car and do 1/2 the mods again would take more money than that.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

aza013 wrote:
Valandis91 wrote:
I could have put it at $23000 but I would have to pay more each year. As for why it's at that price because I too have done work to it and to get a new car and do 1/2 the mods again would take more money than that.
Plus being a VersionR helps too...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Yep and there is that too :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Repaired my busted gear linkage bracket :)

Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Lol Mr Handyman...need some gaffa with that ?! :P
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

haha Ben you had exactly same prob as me and same part of bracket hapened other day lost all geras :roll:

I ended up removing the rubber and used a sleave and welded all together just as a quick fix till new one arrives next week :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol, well I used the nylock nuts, so it doesn't have to be nipped up super tight. Still got a bit of flex in it :)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

re fitted front hub assemblies, with new bearings and some decent high temp grease, non of this general purpose sh*t suggested in the manual lol!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

How hard were the bearings to do Shane? Need a press? I gotta do mine now. 86 runs of over 200kmh on the dyno has destroyed mine lol
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Bennoz wrote:How hard were the bearings to do Shane? Need a press? I gotta do mine now. 86 runs of over 200kmh on the dyno has destroyed mine lol
I have access to a press ... 8)
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

About a 2 weeks ago i put in petes 2nd hand compressor $50, last week i put back in my old condenser that was welded up $50, replaced the TX valve $55 & receiver driver $25 replaced all the o-rings, everything myself and got dad to gas it up (FREE!). So for a total of $180 i saved about $1500.

Aircon sits about 6-7 degrees in the vents. And i must say aircon places overcharge.

Yesterday i sanded and polished my headlights, installed a new ciggarette lighter, put some new windscreen washers on, dug around at the wreckers to find a knob for my windscreen wipers (off a magna, exact same). Also bought some HKS flexi intake pipe.

Tommorow, well today lol. plan on trial fitting my new veilside bumper and fitting my flexi pipe for the bumper to airbox run. Might buy a sh*tty pod filter or something as well. Also thinking of de-spoliering. kind of like the flat boot look. Also while i have the bumper off ill fit the HID ballasts under there.

Sounds like a busy day for me. :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Nice work......

Well i checked ouo my fuses and I found a fucked one Yah....... So that fixes my central locking problem. Still working on the others...... :roll:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Bennoz wrote:How hard were the bearings to do Shane? Need a press? I gotta do mine now. 86 runs of over 200kmh on the dyno has destroyed mine lol
Dad did most of it as I was either working or at the hospital with the missus ;)

We just used a 3 arm puller to remove the axle, then banged em out with a hammer, then 'pressed' the new ones on with a hammer, and pulled the axle on with a big long bolt. Lots of 'innovating' but we got it done! Would be easier with the correct tools but doable all the same.

Biggest recommendation is DO NOT USE GENERAL PURPOSE GREASE. We couldn't believe the Mitsi manual suggests this! No wonder we cooked the grease at OP!! Disc brake front ends should always have hi temp grease. We used some Shell racing sh*t dad picked up a while ago.

Drop by on Sat and have a look if you want. Front end is still not fully back together, next step is cleaning up the front coilovers and refitting em.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

1. installed a new battery - old one wasnt holding any charge
new terminal connectors
2. put on ssr wheel stickers - swear i gained 10kwsatw :lol:
3. moved my tow hook to under the license plate - now its more presentable and stronger
4. re-sealed drivers side headlight - so much water inside
5. had fun with some black spray paint
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

What work? I need 2 panels to be resprayed (maybe even the full car due to the shape of the FTO) and a dent out of my drivers side quarter panel.

Some stupid Asian lady hit the side of my car while I was driving straight, she's trying to put the blame on me but even the police said she's completely in the wrong.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

J wrote:2. put on ssr wheel stickers - swear i gained 10kwsatw :lol
hahaha :lol:
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

-Nighthawk- wrote:What work? I need 2 panels to be resprayed (maybe even the full car due to the shape of the FTO) and a dent out of my drivers side quarter panel.

Some stupid Asian lady hit the side of my car while I was driving straight, she's trying to put the blame on me but even the police said she's completely in the wrong.
put the blame on you? how did it happen?