My Second Dyno Result Plus My New CAI Setup :)

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO_GPvR
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My Second Dyno Result Plus My New CAI Setup :)

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Hey Club i got rid of my old Air Intake and Air Filter and put it a new UAS Air Intake and a K&N Apollo Air Filter System. So know i have a new CAI System.
With this new mod i gained 10.4KWs ATW :D So know i have 113.1KWs ATW :twisted: you definitely notice a BIG difference now :twisted:

Heres a few pictures, the quality isnt that great because its from my phone camera.

Last edited by FTO_GPvR on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 13 times in total.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

That is looking sweet mate :twisted:
if you get a biger pod filter you will get more out of it too as it would get more air in.
But 113KWs is a great power up :D
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

aza013 wrote:That is looking sweet mate :twisted:
if you get a biger pod filter you will get more out of it too as it would get more air in.
Thanks mate :D
Yeah thats true but i wanted something enclosed like the one i have now. I didnt want a air filter that is opened and then i would of have to make a box for it but i dont want to really make a box for it. I got the UAS box but i didnt wanna use that one.
xj265
Mechanic

Post by xj265 »

Looking good Tyson!!! very clean 8)
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

xj265 wrote:Looking good Tyson!!! very clean 8)
Oh and btw is those neons real on your FTO on your avatar? If they are, they look real nice man :twisted:
El_Ade
Grease Monkey

Post by El_Ade »

That POD Filter looks F$#Ken Hi-tech lol, none the less sure did its job :thumleft:
xj265
Mechanic

Post by xj265 »

im not to sure if the neons are real or not because its not my FTO :oops:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

You can get those lights from most auto shops they flash and change to the beat of the music you are playing lol.
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

how much did the UAS Air Intake and a K&N Apollo Air Filter System set you back?
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

nice results there mate, keep the mods coming ;)
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

FTO_GPvR wrote:
Yeah thats true but i wanted something enclosed like the one i have now. I didnt want a air filter that is opened and then i would of have to make a box for it but i dont want to really make a box for it. I got the UAS box but i didnt wanna use that one.
dont they make those k&n's in the correct size to fit the uas pipe?

looks like the adaptor pipe is smaller than the uas pipe or is that just because the uas pipe rubber is thick?

either way for kw increase is great mate
Pomwa
Grease Monkey

Post by Pomwa »

Same filter im running and i've had no complaints yet :D

Although you dont seem to have the front of the intake rigged up to take in air outside of the engine bay? This is mine below with what im talking about circled in red:

Without that set up once you're off the dyno with the bonnet closed you'll just be sucking in (hot) air from the engine bay, and i'm tipping you'll see those extra KWs disappear pretty quick...
If you can't be good, be good at it!!
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

xj265 wrote:im not to sure if the neons are real or not because its not my FTO :oops:
Haha thats alright
aza013 wrote:You can get those lights from most auto shops they flash and change to the beat of the music you are playing lol.
Wow thats pretty good haha but you would get defected lol.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

El_Ade wrote:That POD Filter looks F$#Ken Hi-tech lol, none the less sure did its job :thumleft:
Thanks man :D
Tippin wrote:nice results there mate, keep the mods coming ;)
Yep thanks mate, lol sure will :D
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Rambo wrote:how much did the UAS Air Intake and a K&N Apollo Air Filter System set you back?
Both of them together cost me $684 all up and that is that whole setup.
J wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:
dont they make those k&n's in the correct size to fit the uas pipe?

looks like the adaptor pipe is smaller than the uas pipe or is that just because the uas pipe rubber is thick?

either way for kw increase is great mate
No they dont. The UAS Air Intakes diameter is about 120mm from the outside and where the Air Filter joins from the inside is about 100mm and the K&N base flange is 70mm. So you have to get a reducer to fit it. I couldnt find a silicon reducer 3inch to 5inch to fit it because they dont make that size its to big. So i had to fit it another way.

Umm the reducer pipe is 100mm so it fits inside the UAS Air Intake and then i had to get a silicon hose 3inch to fit onto the reducer and onto the K&N Apollo. Yep the UAS has pretty thick rubber.

Last edited by FTO_GPvR on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Pomwa wrote:Same filter im running and i've had no complaints yet :D

Although you dont seem to have the front of the intake rigged up to take in air outside of the engine bay? This is mine below with what im talking about circled in red:

Without that set up once you're off the dyno with the bonnet closed you'll just be sucking in (hot) air from the engine bay, and i'm tipping you'll see those extra KWs disappear pretty quick...
Yep i do have it on but its not connected straight up to the K&N Apollo, its connected up another way because i got the UAS Air Intake on and thats a big Intake and with the reducers there it pushed the K&N Apollo so i had no room to connect that part up.

But instead of having one air feed like you said i have 2 air feeds now. I kept the orginial air feed that was already on my FTO and i also put in the K&N Apollo air feed that came with it on to my FTO as well. The K&N air feed is also facing the K&N Air filter but you cant see it in the picture. Both the Air feeds is directly facing the K&N Air filter, so its sucking in the cold air with the bonnet closed.

Pulse Racing said that this is the best way to have it because its sucking the cold air in from 2 places and the reason why its not gonna be sucking in hot air is because its right in the corner and thats where the 2 air feeds are, so they would be blocking the hot air out. And i wont be losing any KWs. You have to see it in person so you could understand it probably because i dont no what i just said then made sense or not lol.

With you, you got a good setup. Your sucking in the cold air from your air feed but when the air gets into your intake and since your intake has steel piping, the steel piping is going to get hot from the engine heat, which is going to be making the cold air hot again and by the time is goes into the throttle body, your just gonna be sucking in the hot air. With the UAS Air Intake this is not gonna happen because of the really thick rubber it has, its gonna be blocking out the hot air and only sucking in the cold air. Im not saying this to annoy you or piss you off or what so ever, Im just saying this because this is what i have read on this forum and thats what some other people have said that will happen. So hopefully no harm done mate :D
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

The way that the cai is set up won't suck hot air in as the opening is so close to the factory feed point sh*t it's almost stuck down the factory holl lol.
Having the twin feed will work well as any hot air around that area would be pushed away.
So it should not loss any kws at all.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I was chatting to someone the other day about dyno results and they mentioned that Pulse use to space out the rollers to get higher results..

So I might get my mechanic to throw mine up on his dyno and see how close they are.. I just wish my mechanic had an AWD dyno.. :'(
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

rock_it wrote:I was chatting to someone the other day about dyno results and they mentioned that Pulse use to space out the rollers to get higher results..

So I might get my mechanic to throw mine up on his dyno and see how close they are.. I just wish my mechanic had an AWD dyno.. :'(
How does that give higher readouts? :? Same tractive effort required to turn them no matter what the distance is, I would have thought....
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

No idea.. That's why I wanna test it... I know that there will be differences in dyno set up's, but you would think it would be minimal..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb: