I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

J
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by J »

congrats mate! At least you can say your one of a few owners of a turbo, sxy lookn fto :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yano28 wrote:FKN FINALLY!! Yeah, tell us what'd it put out atw's? Can't wait to see this tomorrow!!
Ok i cant be bothered posting the pic ill do it tomorrow.

But she achieve a 50% increase in power which is pretty f&*ken good, i reckon.

So she hit 134kw's ATW, now if you live in brisbane you know how f&*ken hot it was today plus the pod filter is completly uncovered so sucking in heaps of hot air.

Anyway I am extremely happy, if it had of been a manual i reckon it would of hit 150kw.

@ tippin, the response is unreal. the best upgrade ever and i dont care what anyone says.....that psfffffttttt from a fto is just sex.

Aza, are you serious :lol: I had to line everything up with my eye then take into work and weld it and then do that over and over again with all the intercooler piping and then the exhaust :roll: :lol: I think the whole project from the time i took the car off the road till it was finished, was only about 3 months. Pretty good i reckon, compared to most.

I will do up all prices in the next couple of days and highlight, where there are savings to be made.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I think with FTO's it's not so much about top end power but the increased torque by putting in the turbo so you can enjoy those take offs and going through the gears quick :)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

wow, 134 kw is a a huge increase from a T28 running 5 pounds, that is pretty impressing. I cant wait to see what figures you get when increasing boost :)
sublime19 wrote:I think with FTO's it's not so much about top end power but the increased torque by putting in the turbo so you can enjoy those take offs and going through the gears quick :)
yeh, unfortunately fto's kinda die in the arse in top end
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

I8A4RE wrote:
yano28 wrote:FKN FINALLY!! Yeah, tell us what'd it put out atw's? Can't wait to see this tomorrow!!
Ok i cant be bothered posting the pic ill do it tomorrow.

But she achieve a 50% increase in power which is pretty f&*ken good, i reckon.

So she hit 134kw's ATW, now if you live in brisbane you know how f&*ken hot it was today plus the pod filter is completly uncovered so sucking in heaps of hot air.

Anyway I am extremely happy, if it had of been a manual i reckon it would of hit 150kw.

@ tippin, the response is unreal. the best upgrade ever and i dont care what anyone says.....that psfffffttttt from a fto is just sex.

Aza, are you serious :lol: I had to line everything up with my eye then take into work and weld it and then do that over and over again with all the intercooler piping and then the exhaust :roll: :lol: I think the whole project from the time i took the car off the road till it was finished, was only about 3 months. Pretty good i reckon, compared to most.

I will do up all prices in the next couple of days and highlight, where there are savings to be made.
i want hte frikn BOV noise, should i jsut frikn turbo the gpx?
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Congratulations on the project Simon, sounds like it was a worthy investment. Can't wait for some pics and video or better yet see this thing in real life. :twisted:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

sublime19 wrote:I think with FTO's it's not so much about top end power but the increased torque by putting in the turbo so you can enjoy those take offs and going through the gears quick :)
Completly agree with you. The gain in torque that forced induction brings is where you're going to be feeling the increase in power the most. 134 atw kws is pretty damn good i.m.o. for only 5psi, standard internal and tiptronic. Fkn sweet
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Subbie and yano your both spot on. I couldnt agree more. Its soo how the fto should have been made, in the first place. I really want to push it out 7 pound but a) have no money right now and b) just want to let everything settle in.

Koolio, your welcome to come have look any time or maybe my next ttrip might be down there. ;)

Amacha, mate do it if you want to do it. But get things organised before hand eg get a another car to drive while its happening. If there was enough interest i would pull my turbo off and make some bolt on kits. plus kermut has a kit for sale.

tippin, cheers mate. I did actually change the turbo from a t28 to a t25 ball bearing turbo. But i do have 2 x t28 turbo's in my garage that are a straight fit in ;) But they are not B/B and i dont think would be as good as the t25
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

As requested:

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

oh and for those of you that dont know. the two red lines are the before and the blue lines are the after.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

fuckn sweet simon mate next time i am down your way you have to take me for a drive mate. very proud of ya buddy great looking car now it is a monster to
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

All I will say simon you did a great job on it all A1+ in my books :twisted:
and the power lines are great :twisted:
all we need now is a 1/4 run time, it should be good.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nvr2low wrote:fuckn sweet simon mate next time i am down your way you have to take me for a drive mate. very proud of ya buddy great looking car now it is a monster to
cheers man, yeah you can come for a drive anytime ;)

Also, i just remembered, that the starting kw was 81 not 91kw. 91kw was with the emanage installed. SO really from a stock fto its more like a 60-65% increase in power (if my maths is correct :? )
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Power curve looks great. Lol, i love the difference in the steepness....
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

aza013 wrote:All I will say simon you did a great job on it all A1+ in my books :twisted:
and the power lines are great :twisted:
all we need now is a 1/4 run time, it should be good.
CHeers mate, yeah ill try and get to a track ASAP.

Power curve looks great. Lol, i love the difference in the steepness....
lol, same :lol:
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

I8A4RE wrote:Subbie and yano your both spot on. I couldnt agree more. Its soo how the fto should have been made, in the first place. I really want to push it out 7 pound but a) have no money right now and be) just want to let everything settle in.

Koolio, your welcome to come have look any time or maybe my next ttrip might be down there. ;)

Amacha, mate do it if you want to do it. But get things organised before hand eg get a another car to drive while its happening. If there was enough interest i would pull my turbo off and make some bolt on kits. plus kermut has a kit for sale.

tippin, cheers mate. I did actually change the turbo from a t28 to a t25 ball bearing turbo. But i do have 2 x t28 turbo's in my garage that are a straight fit in ;) But they are not be/be and i dont think would be as good as the t25
by any chacne did you get the piping blue printed? id love to start turboing it. I know theres so man problems with gpx's but ah well only live once and i want the psst noise :D So yeh if you ever do makea kit or have blueprints, id lvoe to buya set of blueprints off you. I know someone in melbourne that would make SS piping extremely cheap.

FTO King

Gw simon proud of ya :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Cheers amacha, no mate i didnt blue print the pipes but my up and down pipes probably wouldnt have been any good to you, cause yours is a manual isnt it?

However sam has his out at the moment and i could definitly make a set off his, if you asked him nicely ;)

I also have an article you might like to read
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

and some pics

AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

I8A4RE wrote:Cheers amacha, no mate i didnt blue print the pipes but my up and down pipes probably wouldnt have been any good to you, cause yours is a manual isnt it?

However sam has his out at the moment and i could definitly make a set off his, if you asked him nicely ;)

I also have an article you might like to read
yeh mate mine is a manual, that owuld be great if you ould make some blueprints of sams pipes, id love that, coudl you contact him for me or can i leave it up to you? oh and whats the article mate?

oh and can you makea video of you dosing it pleaseeee with the BOV in the extremely loud MUZTEK setting :D

and the intercooler at the front makes me want to f**k your cars brains out
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

the front end is looking mean with the FMIC man, how is the number plate sitting?