I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

maggsy
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by maggsy »

so my e-manage is ready to be picked up? :D

how do they look, is everything there that's supposed to be?
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Ok Ok :P i will keep looking for a $40 BOV lol

Um gauges, what do you think of these bad boys lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/ ... C05062.jpg

for all 3 its only $150 But you need to buy the Senders.

lol i'm tempted to buy these my self! but i got defi gauges :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

sign up to some other car clubs & keep an out out in the For Sale sections for turbo gear like gauges / BOV's etc ..

try boostcruising, cruisingbrisbane, skylineAU, supra clubs etc..

The gauges that are black while they're off, but light up when they're turned on are pretty schweet .. don't know what brand though, but Autobarn usually stock them (@ stupid prices..)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Maggsy: Yes its all ready to pick up :D Arrived yestarday arvo 8) Everything is there......i think

Mr Charisma: Yes comes with all harnesses required and even pc support tool, just need to get a usb cable.

Ethix: Your missing my point mate, i will any price for a BOV, but only if i think its worth it and im sorry i dont think $60 is worth it for a 4 yr BOV i rather pay more and get a newer one. I do appreciate all your help though :D

Mr Charisma: Yeah thanks mate, ill keep me eyes open
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah gauges are nice how old and what are they, boost?, temp? etc. How much for senders where can i get them from?

Oh and what size are they
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

OOOHHH now i understand what you mean, ok cool :D this shouldn't be to hard then

And i find all my stuff on the silvia site
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

I8AFRE wrote:Yeah gauges are nice how old and what are they, boost?, temp? etc. How much for senders where can i get them from?

Oh and what size are they
lol oil pruess, oil temp, exhaust temp

sensors... hmmmmm not sure to be honest :lol: i just think they look cool lol so i thought you might like them
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-X-NEW-SMOKE-GA ... dZViewItem

Theres other ones like these, should be able to get the Boost gauges as well..
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Yeah apparently there really sh*t, don't give good readings and are really hard to see in day.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

i was under the impression that the turbo was just held in place by the intake and exhaust pipes but when speaking to my installer today he mention something about mounting the turbo, anyone be able to shed some llight on this for me
Cheers
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

I8AFRE wrote:i was under the impression that the turbo was just held in place by the intake and exhaust pipes but when speaking to my installer today he mention something about mounting the turbo, anyone be able to shed some llight on this for me
Cheers
If its close to something solid lilke a manifold then yes, it can just sit there but on an FTO its usually at the end of a fairly long peice of pipe so it isn't really stable enough to just hang off it and will need a mount.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

who are you getting to install it man?

if it helps, i can show them my setup... could help with pipe fabrication, etc...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Sam a place called CES, but i want to do most of the work myself. I would love it if i could have a detailed look at your setup as well as show my installer. That would be extremely helpful.

Thanks storm, would this mount just be fabricated or can you buy them somewhere. Just had a look at my car. Looks like if i fabricated a mount i could bolt it to where the battery tray used to go.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

yeah man...

what i'd recomend, is come into my work one saturday... i'll put my car on a hoist in the service dept (almost no customers on saturdays) and you can go over it all... the main bits would be the up and down pipes... which you need to see from underneath...

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Mate if you would do that, that would be F^&ken awesome. This weekend is out as im taking my nephew to the zoo, but the weekend after would be perfect
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

sounds fine with me... i'll run it by the service dept manager, but he should be fine... he like tinkering with toys too...

i'd say bring a camera too so you can show your installer...

btw, is your installer building the piping for you?

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

awesome cheers mate. Definitly will bring a camera. Yeah im a bit up in the air at the moment whether i get him to make up my piping or not as i think a normal exhaust shop will charge a lot less than he is. Im also thinkin that imight do this in two stages. Stage 1 : no intercooler. Then stage 2 add the intercooler.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

UPDATE: Expectations (forgot to mention the fact that i want to keep air con) and now have split project into 2 stages. Stage 1 will consist of no intercooler, standard injectors and standard fuel pump 5 psi. Stage 2 will consist of intercooler and upgraded fuel pump, injectors and increase in psi to 6 or 7
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

hey mate, would you mind posting up a few of the pics you took today? i'd be interested to have a few more engine bay shots...

plus a recent shot of my new exhaust if you've got one...

sorry i couldnt hang about... flat out at work today...