Another newbie here :)

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Domo
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Another newbie here :)

Post by Domo »

Hello World.

I'm another DUDE with an FTO from the Western Sydney Area. Actually i just bought the car today. My previous car was a CE Lancer MR AUTO, sooo it's my first time learning manual... clutch with everything movement i make arghh :oops: . Slowly getting the hang of it.

Anyway my car is a Black 1997 FTO GP Version R. I'm still new to cars (and driving stick) and I hope to learn more about my car, meet new people and go cruising for the first time.
xj265
Mechanic

Post by xj265 »

WTTC mate! :D

Theres lots to learn off this website about the FTO but also Dwaynes 'dstocks' who is a member of the site has his own site with quite a lot of info on the FTO, its on the left hand side 'complete FTO'

any questions just ask ;)

any pics of your FTO?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Welcome man. There is so much info here.....enjoy
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

looking forward to spotting another fto in western sydney :)
where about in western sydney?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Welcome mate
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Welcome mate :thumleft:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Welcome to the club :D
have fun checking out the site and keep an eye on the NSW area for club events.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

WTTC Champ ...

Get some pics up in the Gallery .... :)
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

WTTC mate :D
El_Ade
Grease Monkey

Post by El_Ade »

WTTC Buddy :thumleft:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Luckily FTOs are very easy to learn manual in, the friction point is much bigger than other cars.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

sublime19 wrote:Luckily FTOs are very easy to learn manual in, the friction point is much bigger than other cars.

really?
my fto has this tiny friction point and also the clutch is hard to push in. you get cramps if your leg if your at lights and leave it in and also if u come of my clutch to slow its really jolty it needs to be a fast smooth motion
was hell to learn manual in as i did

probably because it needs a new clutch lol

but it makes it sick fun to drive
and funny to watch other people drive it and then try to explain that they are bunny hoping because they arent use to the car

and also WTTC :D
Domo

Post by Domo »

I"m slowly getting into it. Slowly making my shifts smoother. I guess the hard part is trying to get to run smoothly when you're stopped and trying not to stall the car when you're moving uphill slowly.

Anyway I got to wash the car today. I'll try take some pics of the car and post it up here.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

welcome mate, dont see too many black GPvR's around
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Welcome. If you want to come on a cruise, the 10th April overnight cruise to the south coast is sizing up pretty well. Over 20 cars registered so far. Will be the biggest event of the year most likely and youll get to see quite a few different setups.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

brad_gpx wrote:
    really?
    my fto has this tiny friction point and also the clutch is hard to push in. you get cramps if your leg if your at lights and leave it in and also if you come of my clutch to slow its really jolty it needs to be a fast smooth motion

and funny to watch other people drive it and then try to explain that they are bunny hoping because they arent use to the car

I would be saving for the new clutch, and maybe thinking about checking the thrust bearings (I think that is what the are called) & crank ...

I had an Eclipse box & Engine from the states, that was running a turbo project .. The guy must never have maintained it ... The thrust bearing had seized onto the crank, and made the friction point a tiny distance off the floor .. Was impossible to drive... Well sometimes the friction point would be normal, then it would change to the low point ..

I also have a hard clutch in the GSR/Evo, and although it is a hard clutch (think it was brass button) it doesn't give me cramps or make driving any worse... So I would say you need to suss out yours a little...
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    brad_gpx
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

rock_it wrote:
    brad_gpx wrote:
    really?
    my fto has this tiny friction point and also the clutch is hard to push in. you get cramps if your leg if your at lights and leave it in and also if you come of my clutch to slow its really jolty it needs to be a fast smooth motion

I would be saving for the new clutch, and maybe thinking about checking the thrust bearings (I think that is what the are called) & crank ...

I had an Eclipse box & Engine from the states, that was running a turbo project .. The guy must never have maintained it ... The thrust bearing had seized onto the crank, and made the friction point a tiny distance off the floor .. Was impossible to drive... Well sometimes the friction point would be normal, then it would change to the low point ..

I also have a hard clutch in the GSR/Evo, and although it is a hard clutch (think it was brass button) it doesn't give me cramps or make driving any worse... So I would say you need to suss out yours a little...
    when i got my the clutch was already close to needing replacement and then i learned manual in it so its on its last legs now
    FTO_GPvR
    Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

WTTC mate :D
    Domo

Post by Domo »

Here's a couple of pics of my car. FTO's are such sexy cars...

rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Mate that's clean...

Mine use to look like that.....