FTO Owner from Singapore selling 1998 FTO GPX

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

moondust77
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Owner from Singapore selling 1998 FTO GPX

Post by moondust77 »

Hiya guys. It's my first post here since I registered as a new user. Read about you guys from the last issue of Hot4s.
My name's Kelvin. I hail from the little island of Singapore. My current ride's a 1998 Mitsu FTO GPX. I would like to export my ride to Australia if there's anyone who wants it. I'll be posting my pics here soon, but meanwhile here are some details of my car:

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPX, Scotia white. (facelifted model with different front bumper, individual round front indicators and foggies, original Momo airbag steering wheel)

Originally with INVECS-II 5-speed gearbox, but converted to manual GP Version R gearbox with factory LSD.

Mileage at 80,000km with timing belt changed.

Carbon fibre GT-wing

Kayaba Excel-G shocks with HKS sports springs

Trust Airinx drop-in filter

Japanese semi-forged 17x8 inch Black Racing Pro-N1 rims with Falken Azenis ST115 tires

Factory leather seats, climate control a/c, twin airbags, retractable electric mirrors.

Full silver / black decal application (design base sourced from Modern Image USA)

The new owner will have all the spares that I have with the car, including a 2nd low-kms engine, the original INVECS-II 5-speed automatic 'box and all the parts neccessary to convert it back to an automatic, and the factory rear boot spoiler.

Exchange rate is approx. Singapore$1.20 to Aussie$1.00. I'm hoping to let go of it at around Singapore$13,000.00 negotiable if you guys can get someone to do import and compliance. Please do post any queries you may have.

I can be contacted directly at +6597659000 (mobile).
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

due to new australian legislation at this time it can not be imported.

stay tuned as i am negotiating with a few companies in australia to start importing FTO's into australia again soon.
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

I apologize for my ignorance, but out of curiosity, what is it about the Legislation that affects import of such cars? Is there anyway that I can find out more about the Australian guidelines on importing a vehicle? A friend of mine's interested in exporting performance imports to Australia and he's flying to NSW at the end of May.
Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

Seems like one real sweet ride...

SMorison are you trying to get some shops to get compliance for the fto, because I'd be real intertested if that was the case...

How long do you think it'll be?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

13,000 sing = 10,500 Aus, plus $3k-$4k Aus for compliance & rego. Not a bad bargain for a 98 FTO.

(Exchange rate was calculated at 0.8104, as it was show on ASX 9.55am A.S.E time.)
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sd15
Apprentice

:(

Post by sd15 »

this is the kind of car i have been looking for :( ohhh well to bad its o/s
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

just go live in singapore for 12mths then bring it back with you...
simple
;)

SilentBOb
aL

Post by aL »

Kelvin, ure trying to get your FTO to Australia while Im trying to get mine to Spore.

How about we just swap ownership and engines in the ftos??

I checked with the relevant govt bodies and they told me it cost about AUS$85,000 to bring my FTO back to Spore.......... 8O 8O 8O
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

aL wrote:Kelvin, ure trying to get your FTO to Australia while Im trying to get mine to Spore.

I checked with the relevant govt bodies and they told me it cost about AUS$85,000 to bring my FTO back to Spore.......... 8O 8O 8O

85k????? nah they are pulling your leg a 20ft container to SIN is only 1000.00 plus say 1000.00 to cover packing, handling, customs etc.

don't know about the singapore side but that amount is garbage
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Guni_GuGu wrote:Seems like one real sweet ride...

SMorison are you trying to get some shops to get compliance for the fto, because I'd be real intertested if that was the case...

How long do you think it'll be?
Hiya mate. It is indeed a sweet ride. Fully accident-free other then a bump in the rear bumper which has already been repaired. If you like it based on how I described it on text, you'll like it even more when I show you the pics :)

Stay posted and keep in touch. Thank you for your interest.
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

aL wrote:Kelvin, ure trying to get your FTO to Australia while Im trying to get mine to Spore.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to bring in your ride to Singapore if it is more than 3 years old from the date of manufacture in order to qualify as a 2nd-hand import. If you're bringing it in as a brand new car, you won't be able to bring it in if it has been out of production from the manufacturer for more than 6 months.

Even if you meet the above requirements, it's not cost-effective to import your ride in, because if I'm not wrong, the vehicle tax payable is 150% of the value of your car, and this excludes shipping and custom taxes and the much-dreaded Certificate of Entitlement (a cert. which gives you the right to own a vehicle here. A measure of quota-controlling vehicle growth at our already land-scarce country). The Certificate of Entitlement (COE) alone will set you back about SG$30,000.00.

Yoiu're better off buying an FTO here, but they're very rare. There are less then 20 units left here because most of them have been exported as the FTO is too expensive for the local market to accept. To give you an idea of how ridiculously expensive cars are over here, a brand new FTO back in the late 1990's will cost you around SG$150,000.00 with COE.

The reason why I can sell my FTO at an attractive price to Australia is because I can get back a portion of my registration tax and the balance of my COE (each COE is valid for 10 years). I can get back about SG$56,000.00 from the government + SG$13,000.00 for my export value if I can get a buyer in Australia.

To know more about Singapore's sickeningly confusing motoring guidelines, you can try www.onemotoring.com.sg
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

Seroiously!!! If there is any way to comply this car, I will buy it :)

Throw up some pics, when ya can pleaseeee.

I don't think I'm too keen on the wing, but that's ok... for the price, i'm sure I can find a vR spoiler somewhere :)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Guni_GuGu wrote:Seroiously!!! If there is any way to comply this car, I will buy it :)
How much u willing to pay me if i can get it comply & rego for u?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D How u gonna do this?

As of this morning - "although the FTO meets 2 of the 4 criteria for import and is eligible for import under the new scheme, no one at this stage is authorised to bring them in"

(the 4 cyl GS - doesn't even meet 2 of the criteria and is ineligible for import)
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Guni_GuGu wrote:Seroiously!!! If there is any way to comply this car, I will buy it :)

I don't think I'm too keen on the wing, but that's ok... for the price, i'm sure I can find a vR spoiler somewhere :)

it's going to take us a few more months to work through this, however we do need a test car so this one will probably suffice
jeremywe
Apprentice

Post by jeremywe »

FTOs in sgp are hot man. Sure to turn heads anywhere.

If i were you. I'll keep it.

Good luck with the sale. AU$11 for a 98 FTO is a bargain no where to be found!
<P><U><FONT color=#800080><A href="http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1888"></A></FONT></U>&nbsp;</P>
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Sure thing. Try to get the pics up by tomorrow.

Btw, don't fret about the wing. I'll pass you the factory spoiler. All you need is to cover up the holes and respray the boot.
Last edited by moondust77 on Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Unfortunately, I don't have a few months. I need the car to be out latest by June. I want to keep the car but I have to travel to China, and it doesn't make much sense to pay my SG$1,282.00 monthly instalments to park my car...lol.

I just hope that my ride can find a loving owner.Though I didn't really spend all that much on mods, I pamper it a lot. And that includes washing it every 2 days :D
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Btw, I need to ask you guys this: How do I post my pics in here? Sorry but I'm not too forum-savvy.

My apologies for the inconvenience.