FTO Owner from Singapore selling 1998 FTO GPX

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by smorison »

i created a section for you in the fto gallery upload the pictures there
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Thanx mate! You've been a great help! Will get the pics done A.S.A.P.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i normally check once a day for new pictures and authorise them (as long as there is nothing wrong with them)
aL

Post by aL »

85k????? nah they are pulling your leg a 20ft container to SIN is only 1000.00 plus say 1000.00 to cover packing, handling, customs etc.

don't know about the singapore side but that amount is garbage[/quote]

Stephen its not the Aust side Im worried about.
Its the taxes in Spore and the huge amounts of red tape.
Did u know a brand new 1.6L toyota corolla cost about AUS$65k??
Fancy a Honda Jazz at about the same price???
Or a WRX at about AUS$110,000 or a Commondore at about the same price?
I could go on..................
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

If the car would only cost $11k? Well, I could spend, well, lots more on getting it complied and rego...

But, I'll really need to have my car, within 2 months... So, can anyone help me out here??

Can't wait to see the pics of her too :)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

2 months... don't hold your breath. I'd keep looking locally.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
airbornespanner2
Apprentice

Post by airbornespanner2 »

As a rule of thumb what ever you pay for an FTO (or any import) overseas you double the price and add on 20% and you would near the cost of getting it on the road in Aus, thats if you can find some one that will comply it.
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Stephen its not the Aust side Im worried about.
Its the taxes in Spore and the huge amounts of red tape.
Did u know a brand new 1.6L toyota corolla cost about AUS$65k??
Fancy a Honda Jazz at about the same price???
Or a WRX at about AUS$110,000 or a Commondore at about the same price?
I could go on..................
Correction: A Honda Jazz over here costs about $10,000 more than a Corolla. Unbelievable, isn't it?
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Guni_GuGu wrote:If the car would only cost $11k? Well, I could spend, well, lots more on getting it complied and rego...

But, I'll really need to have my car, within 2 months... So, can anyone help me out here??

Can't wait to see the pics of her too :)
Bro, coincidentially, I have to let go of my car within 2 months. If I can't find a buyer in Australia, I'll be forced to export to Indonesia. I don't have a direct buyer there which means I have to pay a dealer a few quid to let him put it at his showroom in anticipation for a prospective buyer.

You'll get the pics in a couple of hours after my kid brother lets me use his PC.

Bte, check your private messages. There's something I need to discuss with you.

Thank you.
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

To all: I've just uploaded my pics, so just check it out in the Moondust folder in the gallery after the moderators have okayed them.

Please do let me know if anyone needs specific pics on certain parts of the car.

Sorry for the dark shadows. All the pics were taken at night. Plus, I'm not good with a camera :)
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

I had no idea fto's came with a factory option for leather interior...

I've never seen one.. can't wait to see this one.

I had another FTO inspected today, and it turned out every pannel had been smashed in one way or another... The inspector even said, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. I'm getting so sick of looking for an fto, I think this may be my last hope... and it's slipping.... not being able to import sh*t, really irks me.

I'm just so sick of lancers and skylines and supra's, I don't wanna end up in that group! Although, it seems invetaible! PLEASE SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO IMPORT THIS CAR!!!
moondust77

Post by moondust77 »

Guni_GuGu wrote:I had no idea fto's came with a factory option for leather interior...

I've never seen one.. can't wait to see this one.

I had another FTO inspected today, and it turned out every pannel had been smashed in one way or another... The inspector even said, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. I'm getting so sick of looking for an fto, I think this may be my last hope... and it's slipping.... not being able to import sh*t, really irks me.

I'm just so sick of lancers and skylines and supra's, I don't wanna end up in that group! Although, it seems invetaible! PLEASE SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO IMPORT THIS CAR!!!
No such worries with my car, bro. The only part that was replaced was the rear bumper due to a slight mishap the previous owner had. No sign of any chassis frame damage at all. The car's rigidity is as tight as Arnold Schwarzenneger's butt.

The pics are in the gallery. Check 'em out mate.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

I have to say this, your car looks pretty hot, i'm not a fan of stickers, but yours kinda is something I haven't seen before...

Guni_GuGu, well, if you pull this off it should be good...
Just do a lot of research 1st.... Good Luck... Keep us updated...

Maybe get a mechanical check 1st... :roll:
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

So here's my question... who knows of anyone, anywhere in Australia that is currently compliancing FTOs under the new laws?

Guni_GuGu, do you realise that you'll have to destroy all those mods that moondust77 has added?
MIVEC is My Friend :D
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Stephen,
You seem to be the most up on the compliancing issue. Could you import this car for that money, but just not road rego it? I`m thinking about a race car. You stated elsewhere you need a CAMS licence to import, I have a CAMS LS2 licence. Could I import this car? What would be entailed?
Thanks.
Jeff
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

ruchi wrote:So here's my question... who knows of anyone, anywhere in Australia that is currently compliancing FTOs under the new laws?

Guni_GuGu, do you realise that you'll have to destroy all those mods that moondust77 has added?
What would be considered a mod?

The gearbox is basically a rip out of another fto, if that can stay, I really want it.... the spoiler, I'm not fussed about..

The suspension would be nice, but I can live without. The ait filter would also be nice, but I could source another one, I'm sure..

The leather seats are factory.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ok the issues i see with with this car for compliance are:

wheels
Lighting
Spoiler
suspension*
stickers

resolutions:

wheels: put on stock wheels before shipping, put aftermarket wheels as part of the sale. or buy a supercheap set of 16 / 205's in singapore from a wrecker or someplace and fit those.
ligthing: simple rip it out
spoiler: ummm not so easy to fix but i'd say just remove it and include it as part of the sale as a non-fitted part.
suspension: not too sure on this one....
stickers:2-3 hours to remove piece of piss as long as they aren't actually painted on.

re who to compliance i'm still working on that ... really busy at the moment with real life stuff
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ruchi wrote:So here's my question... who knows of anyone, anywhere in Australia that is currently compliancing FTOs under the new laws?

no where! we are currently negotiating with a few places to make this happen

for those who saw FTO's mentioned in HPI they are printing a retraction as the importer does not have authorisation nor permits to do it at this time
DebZ

Post by DebZ »

Is this FTO in singapore exported/sold already?????...AHhhHh been looking for a FTO in singapore~~
FNTSY
Grease Monkey

Post by FNTSY »

11K or close enough from singapor is still 3-6k over the cost of one from japan and u still have to go through the same road of compliance.........
FNTSY MOTORSPORTS NEWCASTLE
###for all your boosting needs###