Paint job + Body work

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Pkat
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Paint job + Body work

Post by Pkat »

i was quoted aproximately $3500 for the paint job and hte body work im getting done i just wanted to ask is it worth it? The things im getting done is refill the holes in the boot because i dont want the spoiler on, getting rid of the nasty bubbles of rust on top of the roof, full veilside body kit not including spoiler, and the paint job (thinking about he posion ivy green on the holdens =]). Is all this wroth $3500? O and btw i live in melbourne is there any other places around the souther eastern suburbs that do a good job? and a decent price?
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Fixing the roof rust is a big job. Simon, in another thread, has said people have been quoted around $2000 to fix just that.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Paint job + Body work

Post by I8A4RE »

Pkat wrote:i was quoted aproximately $3500 for the paint job and hte body work im getting done i just wanted to ask is it worth it? The things im getting done is refill the holes in the boot because i dont want the spoiler on, getting rid of the nasty bubbles of rust on top of the roof, full veilside body kit not including spoiler, and the paint job (thinking about he posion ivy green on the holdens =]). Is all this wroth $3500? O and btw i live in melbourne is there any other places around the souther eastern suburbs that do a good job? and a decent price?
3.5K sounds way too cheap for all that and you definitly dont want to apint your car GREEN :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

pete_gpx wrote:Fixing the roof rust is a big job. Simon, in another thread, has said people have been quoted around $2000 to fix just that.
I know of someone that had to replace they're roof. THat was closer to 6000 8O
nathan
Grease Monkey

Post by nathan »

you definitly dont want to paint your car GREEN

... whats wrong with you?? lol

cheers on chosing the poisen ivy green :D its choice

thats the exact color im painting mine

rust :( im getting a roof skin of dstocks and have my local bodyshop cut and weld it on, rather cheaply too, like stupidly cheap :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nathan wrote:you definitly dont want to paint your car GREEN

... whats wrong with you?? lol

cheers on chosing the poisen ivy green :D its choice

thats the exact color im painting mine

rust :( im getting a roof skin of dstocks and have my local bodyshop cut and weld it on, rather cheaply too, like stupidly cheap :)
WHATS WRONG WITH ME?????

My car is green and I dont want anyone else to have anything close to mine :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

o thanks that was a approx i doubt its gonna be that cheap when they see it. Im assuimg probably around 4k or 4.5k but i think thats still too cheap. O nathan how much are you getting the roof skin for and how much is it gonna cost you to do the roof? Lol thanks nathan, Sorri I8A4RE i just love green too =]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Pkat wrote:o thanks that was a approx i doubt its gonna be that cheap when they see it. Im assuimg probably around 4k or 4.5k but i think thats still too cheap. O nathan how much are you getting the roof skin for and how much is it gonna cost you to do the roof? Lol thanks nathan, Sorri I8A4RE i just love green too =]
A mate of mine had a job done on his 180sx in Sydney .. Back to bare metal, and painted all but engine bay for 5k ... So, 4k if the car is in good nick should be on the mark..

My lancer needed some panel work done, was taken back to bare metal, body kitted, and about a month off the road... That cost 8.5 or 9.5k ... I can't remember now ..

But that was bare metal, a sedan, and a car that needed some time to be straightened...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Sorry to hijack.

How much do you reckon they would charge if you like pulled everything off for them:
Taillights, Headlights, indicators.

Mask things like the windscreen and quarter windows.

Do they take all the panels off as well to sand and paint them them like bonnet, boot, doors, bumpers?

This is not for a colour change as well, so no need to do inside the doors and inside boot and bonnet.

and you put all the panels back on yourself and all that.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

O nathan how much are you getting the roof skin for and how much is it gonna cost you to do the roof?
I have a couple of spare roof skins lying around from the cars ive wrecked. I have one sitting aside for Nathan and another for fkntopone. Cant remember how much I quoted. Somewhere around $100 from memory (might have been slightly more ) Might be able to russel up a third at a pinch. I had mine done and it cost around $1000. Having said that, the FTO I had at the time had a sunroof, which makes the problem worse as you have to remove the sunroof subframe to get rid of the rust out of that. My guide gives a little more info:

http://www.completefto.com.au/CompleteFTO.asp?hid=199

If you do a bit of prep work yourself, itll save you some dollars.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Pkat
    Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

yeah dstocks i also got a sunroof too and thinking of doing it myself in that guide you wrote. What exactly is the roof skin? can you please explain it to me in more detail sorry im just new to all this. Also dstock can you get the acrylic sheet for styling for the rear of the car? and how much would that be?
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hey,

Basically, ive cut the whole roof off the car. That way you can cut sections out if need be. I have got one with a sunroof in it, and while it doesnt have any rust spots, it has been cut back and im not convinced it hasnt been filled in some fashion.

As for the acyllic sheets, not sure what you are asking for. If you are looking at moulding your own rear bar, then a fibreglass supplies shop is what you need. If this is not what you want, could I get a little more info please

On another note, are you in the Sydney area. If so, any chance youll make it to the bonfire on 10th April?
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Pkat
      Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

Ah fair enough, thanks for the info. O with the acrylic sheet i meant something like this http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... ic&t=19559 .I'm not sure if its the acrylic sheet but what i read on that thread i assume it is.

O id love to make it to the bonfire but Im from Melbourne work 7 days a week plus school so kinda cant take a day off to go on a trip to there sorry about that.