I need help on getting a front bar, fitment and respray!!!

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BlackSuede
jedwabna poszewka promocja

I need help on getting a front bar, fitment and respray!!!

Post by BlackSuede »

hey all

I have had some damage on my front bar for a while now, and think its time to get a new one. So iv been looking around recently, (due to having sufficent funds), but havent really got anything for a good deal and price. So far my best option is a front bar from carmate.com.au, $450 delivered.
And now i just need to find a place to get it fitted and resprayed.
XXX body kits quoted me $900 for a veilside fitted and sprayed, but my mates reckon i can get it cheaper.
HELPP
sublime19
Sooty!

Re: I need help on getting a front bar, fitment and respray!

Post by sublime19 »

BlackSuede wrote:hey all

I have had some damage on my front bar for a while now, and think its time to get a new one. So iv been looking around recently, (due to having sufficent funds), but havent really got anything for a good deal and price. So far my best option is a front bar from carmate.com.au, $450 delivered.
And now i just need to find a place to get it fitted and resprayed.
XXX body kits quoted me $900 for a veilside fitted and sprayed, but my mates reckon i can get it cheaper.
HELPP
Do what you want, I can't tell you not to get it from carmate, but I STRONGLY suggest you use the search function on this forum for more information about them.

There's DMD in QLD you can get a kit from, also Unique Auto Sports in Seven hills. Having dealt first hand with carmate, I honestly want to save you the money and headaches that will inevitably come if you do go ahead with your plans.

As far as prices go - $450 standard, primer + painting will cost you around $500 tops, with better workshops charging you around $80 to get it fitted.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

+1 on avoiding Car Mate. Bunch of tools.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

The carmate ones have a habit of not fitting correctly. Id be very careful of getting one from them if I were you
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

dstocks wrote:The carmate ones have a habit of not fitting correctly. Id be very careful of getting one from them if I were you
    Yep, and good luck trying to get a refund when that happens. If you argue with them a lot, they'll agree to give you one but take 20% off the price for restocking fees.. even if you come back 2.5 hrs after purchasing it.

There was a post on supra forums about this guy who had his kit installed from there, there were holes big enough for you to stick 2 fingers into and parts of the kit were held together by cable ties..
    I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    mosti
    Mechanic

Post by mosti »

AVOID carmate.....
    Also, I bet the front bumper you want is the same one I wanted, purchased and paid for and then got the following email..

"With the front bar we are out of stock and our supplier from overseas has lost the mould
    if you want you can pick from the other bars we have in stock as no extra charge otherwise
    we can just refund if you like."

So I purchased the front lip instead and got a partial refund.

Arrived cracked in 3 places and is a pretty average fit.