Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

vipfto
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fitting bar and skirts

Post by vipfto »

OK orderedBozz speed bar (middle bar cut out) and got some VS skirts to go on

Now the bar is going straight to spray painter but I have a few Q's

Is it easy to fit skirts myself? I have never really had much to do with bodywork. I know will have to drill few holes to fit into existing screw mounts but is that all? has anyone else done this?

And with front bar is it just straight bolt up too? or is there some fab required? Got it from DMD so assume quality will be good and hopefully they have fittings for bolting it up? any help will be greatly appreciated
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

skirts are easy, fit the top of them first under the door then slide the bottom under and screw em down ... if you have the ones with the scoop you have to glue it on with sick-a-flex

never fitted a front bumper sorry, will have to this weekend though when i put my new one on :D
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Thanks Tippin yeah I have fitted bar before but not new one so just unsure what I will have to do like mod if any....

But yeah thought skirts would be pretty simple and I dont think i'll have to use any glue
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Front bar should bolt up. I can remove and refit one these days in under an hour. 2 bolts in each of the chassis rails, 2 under the top outside corners of the bar, 2 at the top under the bonnet and a whole stack of the plastic ones under the bar and holding in the splash shield. There is a grill replacement guide on complete fto that shows you all this.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

The bozz doesnt have any bolts to the chassis.

You should be able to fit in about 10 mins TOPS!!!

And there shouldnt be any modification at all.
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

OK, sorry, I was just listing the mount points for a stock bar.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      I8A4RE
      QLD Coordinator

Re: Fitting bar and skirts

Post by I8A4RE »

vipfto wrote:
      Is it easy to fit skirts myself? I have never really had much to do with bodywork. I know will have to drill few holes to fit into existing screw mounts but is that all? has anyone else done this?
      Also depending on the side skirts you will need to drill small holes along the top of where the skirt goes
      CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
      vipfto
      Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Thanks guys I got lucky in the end and the spray painter is going to fit them for me for free as long as I remove old bar and skirts first :D

Hopefully will be all done by end of next week as long as front bar arrives early next week, its being posted direct to them will put up finished pics once done
      I8A4RE
      QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

make sure you get pics up bro
      Robbie
      Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

You definately won't need the glue. You got the simpler veilsides. Katie I think has the ones that have the scoop after the door. That's the part that would need glueing.
      MCA Garage: http://www.mitsubishiclubaustralia.com/forums/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1242