Just bought a 95 silver tiptronic mivec

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

XXXFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Just bought a 95 silver tiptronic mivec

Post by XXXFTO »

Havent picked it up yet, but i just wanted to know how to tell whether it has, ABS, Airbag/s, Traction Control, LSD
If these components are not standard on the car is their anyway i can find out if they've been added as an extra.
Also does anyone know the stock specs of the standard speakers
And has anyone got a whiteline handling kit fitted and what do they think?
Also considering a customer number plate, any recommendations
Thanks
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

congrats dude - looking forward to some pics and more details of the car. since you're in melbourne, maybe you should meet up for a cruise sometime (perhaps after winter).

I believe '95 FTOs do not come with LSD as std (or even as a factory option), but i could be wrong... What else has been done to it? If you've got modified suspension, mags and bodykit etc (that came with the car from Japan), chances are the LSD may be an aftermarket item...

i been thinking about Whiteline suspension mods myself, but i don't know anyone in melb who supplies them...

as for the ICE, best to ask Boney - he's a guru at these sort of things... :wink:
XXXFTO
Apprentice

Post by XXXFTO »

Any More Reply's??????????
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

if u take a pic of your car engine bay, especially at the bottom side of the battery, then i can tell u if u got ABS or traction Control!!!

LSD, well i can only tell if u put it on a houst!
XXXFTO
Apprentice

Post by XXXFTO »

Awesome thanx fto338, will keep you posted
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

No LSD on your car, I've not seen one earlier than 97 with an LSD.
As stated, you need to look for the hardware in the engine bay, the simplest way to tell if you have abs without looking under the bonnet is when you first start rolling off in the car after removing your foot from the brake pedal, the abs will make a whirring noise as it tests\resets itself.
None of those parts are standard on the Fto, they are a factory option.
you can only hope someone had a bit more dough in Japan when they bought it :)
As for the speakers, there was an upgrade available from the standard squawkers, mine had standards, but the next fto imported by my brother had clarions as standard equipment....funnily enough they moved into my car within a week ;)