'08 Subaru Impreza RS

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dan25
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

'08 Subaru Impreza RS

Post by Dan25 »

Hi all,

I'm considering the move to a newer car, for reliability purposes more than anything. I still want something that handles well and at least has some level of go.

I like the RS because it's all wheel drive and is pitched as a sports orientated car, just without the power of the WRX (still on P's).

What do you guys think?

Dan
Last edited by Dan25 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Subaru will rape you in the cost of parts
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

I'd keep the FTO till you're on fulls, then get a real car over an RS
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

RS is not veyr sport orientated. Sure it handles alright but it is gutless. The NA supras are large whales. Similar mantra for the NA boxers...
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Yep, stay away from non-turbo imprezza's, their awd drivetrain makes them heavy and without a turbo to overcome this weight you could say they wont be too fun to drive.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Yea, since reading a fair few reviews, the general consensus is basically what you guys stated above... Not enough power for the AWD.

Damn I wish I could just get a WRX :(
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

WRX ewwwwwww.
Id rather buy a skyline
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Hahaha I wouldn't. As the group says, Sky.lines are g.ay.

I like the latest generation WRX hatch. I think it's a nice car. What I DON'T like is the older generation ones with massive chromies driven by lebos.

I'm just really keen on AWD lol. Maybe even an EVO or something when I get on my opens.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah the new wrx are nice but then again as soon as they come down in price they will be new habib mobile
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

An unfortunate truth ^
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

Dan25 wrote:Hahaha I wouldn't. As the group says, Sky.lines are g.ay.

I like the latest generation WRX hatch. I think it's a nice car. What I DON'T like is the older generation ones with massive chromies driven by lebos.

I'm just really keen on AWD lol. Maybe even an EVO or something when I get on my opens.
get the evo 6.5, tommy makinen version :D :D
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Yeah ok if he has a massiveban account lol their expensive aslol
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I like the Scoobs. Gearboxes are made of playdough though.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Yeah gearboxes are weak as sh*t. Only decent engine subaru made was the 6 cylinder boxer that porsche helped to build.... Can't really suggest a car for you though. All depends on it's use, your budget etc....
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

New WRX is nice. I would buy one if i can afford it.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Stick to the 3 diamonds? New Evo is the win! Also, if you can't drive one of those legally, the new Lancers in general are a sexy piece of kit "let me tell ya bout the birds and the bess, and the flowers and the trees, and the.. and the thing called love"
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Hmm I'm going to test drive one tomorrow just to see for myself anyway :P
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

FTEvolution wrote:Stick to the 3 diamonds? New Evo is the win! Also, if you can't drive one of those legally, the new Lancers in general are a sexy piece of kit "let me tell ya bout the birds and the bess, and the flowers and the trees, and the.. and the thing called love"
nooo.

in a few years time they will become outdated just like the lancer before the next lancer, which was after the lancer that came before the lancer that came...

lancers dont age well and resell value is horrible
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I would never buy a lancer.....ever unless it was an evo :twisted:
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

New lancers are an alright overall car, but it's no sports car... Evo 10's are sh*t i.m.o. Dragged one with the dsg gearbox down the strip. On a hot day, only could run a 14.2.... The new active yaw stuff is pretty fancy for the corners though.