water pump

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bduffman
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

water pump

Post by bduffman »

hey guys is it worth changing the water pump basicly my cars done 92k but im replaceing tapets gaskets timeing belt cam belts fuel filter and spark plugs so the engine will be apart so its only a extra bolt to put the water pump in but do i need one ? and if so how much and where from ill need it by next week so would be looking local im in nsw gosford 2251
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

YES :!: same as any 6a series pump like HJ Galant, get it from camskill/kempys etc do a search for best place should be round the 100 dollar mark.

also do the tensioners and spark plug seals seeing as your going into it that far with tappets etc oh and p/s and alt belts too
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea i have the belts and i bought all the stuff from camskill but its being fitted in a week and took bout 10 days last time so sorta need it like go to repco type thing over the counter and buy it then and there i have a full gasket set they guy whos doing it all for me had a look at what i had and he did his apentiship threw booths mitshubishi so he noes what hes doing hes only chargeing me 300 to 500 depending on the time it takes him he dose mobile services and stuff sorry bout where i posted dont even remember where i posted it but clearly i posted in the wrong spot i think i posted it off my phone half asleep
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I see just ask for HJ galant one its the same from repco etc
Brandto
Apprentice

Water pump, etc

Post by Brandto »

Hi, a quick question, whenever I need the odd Repco part, I always say "like to suit a V6 Gallant . . . " Do I really need to specify "V6" ? If I was just to ask for "HJ Gallant", does it cause any probs regards parts that could be for the 4cyl version, or were they only V6s :?:
Cheers
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: Water pump, etc

Post by vipfto »

Brandto wrote:Hi, a quick question, whenever I need the odd Repco part, I always say "like to suit a V6 Gallant . . . " Do I really need to specify "V6" ? If I was just to ask for "HJ Gallant", does it cause any probs regards parts that could be for the 4cyl version, or were they only V6s :?:
Cheers
Nah only really some motor parts and some other parts that are generic across lots of mitsi models FTO shares a lot of suspension and other ancillery parts with the lancer too

Ask for HJ galant ones and no th 4cyl bits will not work
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

thanks ill give repco a call tomorrow see what the story is then call the guy that will be working on the car as he can get parts cheaper then i can so might get him to get it for me well worth the money to have all this stuff installed car should run like new
dj_ules
Mechanic

Post by dj_ules »

fuk repco theyr fuked. go through supercheap auto.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

f**k it called repco they got nothing called the guy thats doing the work on the car he said he will get one but said there bout 240 i swear there like 100 on camskil but atm i dont care ild rather it get done now then wait and have to redo it all again with the water pump stuffs up and he said it will be extra to install the water pump ( he said not much though ) i was thinking swear theres only 4 extra bolts to remove but anyway parents are paying and it just gets added to my loan so im not to worried wil be installed next sat ill let u all no how it goes
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yip only 4 or 5 bolts takes about 10 min to do while everything else is off and im sure you will find one cheaper than that in oz thats just ludicris
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

http://www.meek.com.au/index.php?act=vi ... ductId=170

Says Legnum, but is the same thing.
dj_ules
Mechanic

Post by dj_ules »

240$ for a waterpump. are u fuking serious ! take your car elsewhere. if that prick is intending to charge you that much. your car is not safe there !
dj_ules
Mechanic

Post by dj_ules »

ring camskill see if they have in stock and request that they ship after your done on the phone .. it only takes 4days from shiping and clearence. they ship tnt.
i think it cost me 90$inc ship
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea don't no how much the water pump will be I asked bout how much and he said 240 I new that was high but im not to worried he was replaceing timeing belt tapets gaskets and all that for 300 to 500 and he's a client of my step dads he is a mitsibishi macanic so he will prob get parts threw the dealer ship hence the massive mark up moneys not a issue as its money I don't have so I won't miss it justs gets added to what I owe my parents , ild rather give him the money then some shop that will charge me over a grand any way and mayb when he's finished working on my car his back will be sore then book in for a massage so we get some back haha
dr390
Mechanic

Re: water pump

Post by dr390 »

maybe i should have lookd into this first cause im changing mine aswell, and my normal mechanic was over charging me for sure, i got charged 700- 800$ just to replace the water pump
Tell me when i stop

Uploaded with ImageShack.us