toyota corolla

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bduffman
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

toyota corolla

Post by bduffman »

hey guys this is what i was driving befor the fto started as this
ended up like this
basicly 17in rims tint lowerd canon sound system custom doors retrim roof and doors dyed black seats neons ended up putting dual halo projector head lights in ae102r plates every thing was done by me was a great car till it got smashed lost out on so much money sucks stupid nrma
heres the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2945332
Last edited by bduffman on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

I can appreciate a good corolla...too bad the audm ae101s didn't get a 4age or 4agze.

I learnt to touge in an ae101 corolla (me olds man car). He had it fitted with springs/shocks, custom swaybar f/r, poly bushing and strut bar. Had a 4afe with full exhaust, intake, emanage, grounding kit, spark boost and other misc stuff.

After awhile, he bought a ae101 levin 4agze half cut from japan and had it brought over. Stripped the 4agze down, rebuilt with new seals and rings, install, larger s/c pulley and tune. Also removed the superstrut suspension from the half cut and used that too along with the two pot front brakes.

Now he wants to buy a new car and gonna hand me the corolla..can't wait to daily that..will be fun :P
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

um if what i ask offends you in any way i am sorry
as i do not intend it to be offensive
i am just curious as to a few things

why would u spend so much money on a corolla?
you would have been able to a much nicer car for the same price of the corolla + mods

and most importantly why would u put a canon exhaust on a corolla?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

its probly his ''learner'' car

my fto is my ''learner'' car. you need a cheap car to test out mods for the future. for example, ive been through 4 sets of rims, a huge stereo system, under and in-cabin neons, ricer angel eyes and more gayer things... its been through allot of makeovers

BUT in the end you find a style of modification that suits you in the process and cheap mods such as 30dollar neons dont matter anymore

my 2cents
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

ah k i can understand that

i have another question that is slightly offtopic but i cant be bothered posting in another thread as it can be answered easily

when you buy a new sound system for your car do they set it up first so u can listen to what it would sound like?
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea the corola was my first well 2nd car but never got to drive the first one as got rid of it befor I had my licence corollas are great cars it had the 1.8l 7afe was alright ay and gess I just love to be diff then every one else can't stand driving a stock car I would have never sold it would just keep pouring money into it cause end of the day wats money u can get more yea I could have spent 15k and got another car but at the time I borrowed 6k off mum got the rolla then was paying her off and with my left over money playing around on the car gave me some thing to do as most of my mates are dogs theses days if u gave me 50k I would have sent it on the rolla seriously I work to mod my car even the fto since I've owned it there was a few things wrong so I've fixed them all up and bought hids with spare money sat engine being striped to put in new parts gess I just love my car when I get home ill jump on car domain and post up pics and put the link here
Bottem line is u gave me a porsh the next day ild be modding it so no matter what car ild always gona spend more money on it
I'll post a pic of the dual halo projector head lights only one I've seen in aus don't think any one else would want to spend the 400 having there car rewired to fit them haha
But I had bit plans for that car was gona spend 3k importing a bodykit from germany and 2.5k on paint =)

As for sterio if u asked them to hear the speakers im sure they could hook them up in the show room for you wouldn't be that hard any good place will
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

I'm not a corolla fan, but good one ya for modding it :D
brad_gpx wrote: when you buy a new sound system for your car do they set it up first so you can listen to what it would sound like?
Any proper car audio store/department will have those stands that have all Pioneer, or all Alpine gear that you can press buttons to test different configurations of head unit and speakers.

Don't be afraid to take your own music with you either; some of those salesmen have absolutely terrible taste in music, nothing worse than bad music when you are looking for the right system haha.

Also, realise that the gear will sound markedly different in your car than it does in the show room.

In addition, if buying sub woofers, realise that the bigger you go the more space will be taken up by the box for them. Also, depending on your music don't go too big; if you like rock music or fast dance/techno music go small (10" is good) and if you like R&B or rolling phat bass tunes go bigger for the extra boom.

Smaller woofers give you tighter cleaner bass, larger woofers give you more boom and deeper vibrations usually at the cost of more distortion with fast bass rythms. That is greatly simplified because some small woofers can put out more bass than large ones, but you get the idea, basically, thumpy dance/rock music moves thump thump thump, R&B bass tunes go thuuuuuuuuuuuuuump with lots of small mvoements to make that tone. A big cone woofer will only be part way through it's travel with fast music when called upon to move again for a new thump... they can end up boomy (I'm talking about larger than 12" cones here).

Myself, I have a single 10" woofer in a small box in an inverted cone cradle out configuration and it is plenty for all music myself and the missus listen to :)

Btw, the bigger the boom the more likely the car is to get broken into, quick tip time:

Turn your stereo down or off when you are withing a couple of blocks of home/work
Don't crank the boom in shopping carparks
Cops don't like loud boom; if they hear it they wil likely go over your car with a fine tooth comb
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

ah k thanks
yeh i was just thinking about it cause a mate bought speakers the other day and he didnt test them out just thought they looked like they would be good

i remember when i bought my guitar amp i went through 20-30 different amps, i even brought my guitar to music stores
and i just thought he was an absolute idiot cause ive seen amps around $1500 that are just sh*t *cough* peavey *cough*

last owner of my car put an alright sound system in with a sub
but its still pretty sh*t
the treble on it isnt as good as id like it
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

It's a little harder because there are so many models that can't just be plugged in like a guitar amp. Usually the stands only have the most popular ones or the ones they are trying particularly hard to sell.

Any good actual car audio shop will be able to arrange for previous customers to bring their car in to demo it for you. Everyone likes to show off so that is actually rather easy. You also get to see the shops handiwork which is a bonus.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

tip the coast sucks when it comes to car audio not many shops and nothing that could do custom I bought my sub from woywoy car audio orion hcca 12in but when I went to buy alpine type s speakers his prices were more then jb so I got a friend to pull some strings and got it at store price yea im not one to really go all out and test speakers to me speakers are speakers they all play the same music u won't notice much diff between most of the good brands reviews help and if u don't like them just return them ahha as for the turning sub down near your house u drive a fto it stands out they would brake into it any way =) alarm that sh*t a real loud one mayb 2 sirens put one in the car in the boot that would stop them or least give them a head ake y they try and steal it =) I just may do that =) what u doing thursday dude come out cruising
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

id love to come out cruising

unfortunately i dont have my car at the moment
hoping to get it back before next week

im just really picky about sound
and whenever i think about it it always seems to emphasise the problem and i notice it so much more

its like when i go to concerts and one of the instruments arent tuned properly and the band can play amazing but i wont enjoy cause it will just piss me off
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

brad_gpx wrote:id love to come out cruising

unfortunately i dont have my car at the moment
hoping to get it back before next week

im just really picky about sound
and whenever i think about it it always seems to emphasise the problem and i notice it so much more

its like when i go to concerts and one of the instruments arent tuned properly and the band can play amazing but i wont enjoy cause it will just piss me off
The main problem you will have with sound is that it doesn't matter how expensive or 'good' the gear is, if it aint installed well (and I am talking about sound deadening and custom enclosures for subs, splits, coaxials etc etc) then you aren't going to get good sound. Truth be told, the FTO interior just isn't great (it's good, not great) for acoustics.

Be prepared to spend money if you are anal about SQ. Myself... I am only running a single 10" woofer with about 350 W iirc, a pair of pioneer kevlar cone co-axials and a Sony MP3 player; it does the trick well. I went through the huge and awesome stereo phase 3 times... each time it got stolen... so I am very happy with my over-average sounding system atm :)

Besides, bass drowns out my insanely nice exhaust note and intake sounds :)

Smooth and sleepy

brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

yeh my exhaust pisses me off heaps

since i leave the windows open constantly (air con broken)
i can always hear it heaps loud and pisses me off

i agree with you on the accoustics

but i have never been a car with great accoustics

the hyundai granduer xg has quite a nice stock speakers system that i enjoyed

the back speakers both had there own seperate pre amps not sure about the front speakers though
probably best stock speakers ive ever heard

i cant play any steve vai or zappa through my current setup
sounds so horrible through it
makes it sound like mediocre like how dream theatre usually sounds :P
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I too was obsessed with sound at one stage but got over it after I got into the fto, the driving experience in the fto is too enjoyable to really spend much time listening to music.

I ended up taking my big 12" Sledgehammer out as its ported box (while VERY effective) just took up too much room and the sub wasn't really being used to its fullest potential.

At the moment I've got some aftermarket 6x9s in the back and they do the job fine. Im keen on getting a decent 10" sub for the boot just to give off some clean bass as the speakers do a terrible job :roll:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]