Lights For the Gauges help

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dempsey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Lights For the Gauges help

Post by Dempsey »

Not sure if its just the model ive got but the two gauges on top of the centre console are the manifold pressure and oil temp, which is fine by me, but for some reason when i flick the lights on they dont even try to light up,
will it be the bulbs been blown long ago or do i need to wire in a new system to get them up and running?
could this also be the dodgy taco recall affecting other elec components?

All help appriciated guys
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

from stock those two guages are a clock on the left and a battery voltage meter on the right. it sounds like it may be a loose connection somewhere
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

i think he may possibly have different gauges there

i doubt he would mistake clock and battery for manifold pressure and oil temp
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

I was just letting him know what the guages are from stock, due to the fact that he has aftermarket guages installed it is most likely that there is a loose connection as a result.
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea number of things 1 the old wires for the clock and volts are open live wires 2 the wires from the after market arnt wired up properly cause who ever owned it befor took the cheap way and attepted him\her self if I was u ild disconect the after market ones seal up all loose wires and see if u have any folts then then mayb rewire the after market gauges properly or test to see its not the light in the gauges that's blown im thinking of changing mine ay the clock makes it look old
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

ok reread your post and realised mayb they just didn't connect the power for the light do the gauges work fine in the day like all the readings work fine if the old wireing from the last gauges are there im gessing there would be a wire that when u switch your parkers on will come live can test this with a 12v led or volt metter if your kool lol then hook it up to the new gauges , dose all that make sence at 350am it makes sence to me
Dempsey

Post by Dempsey »

Cheers guys, gonna check out the wiring today and post the results and see if i can get them to light up.

the gauges work fine just the ligths behind, and posting at 3.50am really effects the spelling!
Dempsey

Post by Dempsey »

seems the guages given are aftremarket mitsubishi manifold press, and oil temp.

unfortuantley the whole system seems to be wired correctly and no loose connections were there.
the acutal guages either didnt come with a globe in them or if they did the bulb has gone leaving me with no lights

dont know if you can get round this situation without getting new guages but if anyone does please let me know! :( [/url]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

They are factory option gauges (lucky bastard!) and no one ever wires up the lighting correctly.

Look on the back of the gauges & you will find 2 black plastic plugs. Remove them & you'll see globes that light them up. You'll need to find the dash light circuit, splice it, & connect up to these little globes.

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Bennoz wrote:They are factory option gauges (lucky bastard!) and no one ever wires up the lighting correctly.

Look on the back of the gauges & you will find 2 black plastic plugs. Remove them & you'll see globes that light them up. You'll need to find the dash light circuit, splice it, & connect up to these little globes.

I wired up mine up correctly 1st time ;)

but yeah as above very easy to do :D