Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

KatieFTO
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Exhausts?

Post by KatieFTO »

What do you have now etc, throw ideas at me
Mine sounds like a lawn mower with some cats stuck in it. So poser. So embarasing.

Help me.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

I have a 3" mandrel bent system from the y pipe back and am using the standard FTO exhaust tips for ultra-stealth mode

As for yours, you probably want to get a new system completely; get a custom made 2.5" setup with performance catalytic converter and maybe 2-3 resonators. Add a Canon if you are that way inclined. That should give you maximum performance gains and have a nice exhaust note without being boomy or droney.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

FTEvolution wrote:I have a 3" mandrel bent system from the why pipe back and am using the standard FTO exhaust tips for ultra-stealth mode

As for yours, you probably want to get a new system completely; get a custom made 2.5" setup with performance catalytic converter and maybe 2-3 resonators. Add a Canon if you are that way inclined. That should give you maximum performance gains and have a nice exhaust note without being boomy or droney.
Only one resonator needed, with good rear muffler and hi-flow cat
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

vipfto wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:I have a 3" mandrel bent system from the why pipe back and am using the standard FTO exhaust tips for ultra-stealth mode

Only one resonator needed, with good rear muffler and hi-flow cat
Totally agree, 2 is over kill 3 is just ridiculous.

What are you looking for? Performance increase? Quiet or loud? or you dont care anything but what you have now?

I am sure we all will agree 2 on 2.5 pipe so that is where you start. But you need to answer the above question in order for us to get a better picture of what you want.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Anything but what i've got now, makes me want to wear a paper bag over my head (with eye holes cut out for safety of course bla bla)

Performace would be a bonus :) I don't want it to be dead silet want it to have a bit of a "grumble" if that makes sense but not a milo can hello look at me cannon brrr brrrrrrrr brrr meeeow brrr lameness.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Whats your budget?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

I8A4RE wrote:Whats your budget?
Don't have one :) money isn't an issue
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Don't have one Smile money isn't an issue
We should get to know each other ;)
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Dan25 wrote:
Don't have one Smile money isn't an issue
We should get to know each other ;)
No....no we shouldn't.....unless your rich...then deafinatly!!!! Nothing like a boy with money ;)
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

See me in 4 years when I finish my law degree 8)

Hahaha.
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Dan25 wrote:See me in 4 years when I finish my law degree 8)

Hahaha.
2014 call me baby ;) ill be waiting lmao
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Hahaha.

So yea, exhausts...

Have you checked out the Exhaust Mod thread over in the Technical Forum? That's been going off lately. A few different options and opinions have been discussed in there...
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

I need it in woman language, use this template

Katie go into the exhaust shop and say I want.........(insert what exhaustI need and what i should ask for here)........when they say yes ask how much (flash some skin here,chance of getting a discount increased by 89.56%) pick up car later that day full of awesome.
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

But seriously, there are a few options, depending on how much you want to pay, the performance gains, and the sound you want.

Basically, to go all out would be to get a 2.5" stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust with a hi-flow catalytic converter, one resonator, one muffler and your choice of tip.

For that you are looking at around the $1500 mark.

Of course, there are various things you can do to reduce that cost, it just depends on what you do and don't want/need!
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Dan25 wrote:But seriously, there are a few options, depending on how much you want to pay, the performance gains, and the sound you want.

Basically, to go all out would be to get a 2.5" stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust with a hi-flow catalytic converter, one resonator, one muffler and your choice of tip.

Of course, there are various things you can do to reduce that cost, it just depends on what you do and don't want/need!
so if i went there, and said exactly that...theyd know what to do?
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Yes, and you will definitely get some good performance gains, as well as a nice note out of it.

Make sure you go to someone reputable though, or it could become a total disaster.
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Fantastic, Thank you

Will go around to a few places and have a chat once I get my car back from it's respray
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Dan25 wrote:But seriously, there are a few options, depending on how much you want to pay, the performance gains, and the sound you want.

I wouldnt do it in stainless steel (will cost more $$$), its not worth it as mild steel would do the job fine and it will outlast your fto anyway (so I've been hearing on here for the last few weeks :lol:)
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

I would have told her the same thing, but she just seems so happy to be spending her money without second thought that I couldn't bear to bog her down with the gruelling detail hahaha :P
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Dan25 wrote:I would have told her the same thing, but she just seems so happy to be spending her money without second thought that I couldn't bear to bog her down with the gruelling detail hahaha :P
Lol note to self..do not listen to dan25 (accountants vs lawyers going strong)