New Japanese Sports Car

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

What car should I get?

Nissan Skyline R34
11%
Toyota Supra
26%
Mitsubishi GTO
37%
Other (Please Specify)
26%

Total votes: 19

bushido
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by bushido »

he wants an auto..

I would love the AE86 with SSR reverse meshies. OMG there is one for sale on nissansilvia.com. for 10K!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

bushido wrote:he wants an auto..

I would love the AE86 with SSR reverse meshies. OMG there is one for sale on nissansilvia.com. for 10K!
the white trueno?
thats been there for heaps long... cant believe no-one has grabbed it yet...

im considering it
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

You still looking for a track pig J? My mate is selling his S13 with 220rw killewasps
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

-Nighthawk- wrote:As I said, I will be driving in the city everyday for the next 3 years, the FTO is not sufficient for this, that blind spot makes it very annoying to look around.

The FTO engine is fast enough for me, and the Big Ugly Soap Box Racer should be similar, I really don't want cutting edge performance because if I did I would get a track car, or my next car the Evo.

lol
i drive a van with no windows for a living and when i need to change lanes i look at the side mirrors which are curved and they give me a CLEAR view of whats comming.they are perfect, they totally eliminate you having to look over your shoulder and i dont think you realise that fto's have these same mirrors.Its the same with reversing i dont look over my shoulder i look at my mirrors.I know youre on your P's and your driving instructor probably told you to look over your shoulder but if you have these mirrors you dont have to.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

The FTO mirror's definitely don't give a clear view of all the side of you, they are also small. I have tried every adjustment but you ALWAYS have to do a proper headcheck and that doesn't help when the car is designed in such a way where there isn't much room to see out of
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

Yeah the passenger side mirror is curved but drivers side isnt so you do have to look over your shoulder on drivers side.IMO the mirrors are a decent size and are sufficient it just takes getting use to it .

If you still have trouble take the mirrors off and get the mirrors from a 2005 onwards toyota hiace and then youll be laughing :D
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

MH999 wrote:
-Nighthawk- wrote:As I said, I will be driving in the city everyday for the next 3 years, the FTO is not sufficient for this, that blind spot makes it very annoying to look around.

The FTO engine is fast enough for me, and the Big Ugly Soap Box Racer should be similar, I really don't want cutting edge performance because if I did I would get a track car, or my next car the Evo.

lol
i drive a van with no windows for a living and when i need to change lanes i look at the side mirrors which are curved and they give me a CLEAR view of whats comming.they are perfect, they totally eliminate you having to look over your shoulder and i dont think you realise that fto's have these same mirrors.Its the same with reversing i dont look over my shoulder i look at my mirrors.I know youre on your P's and your driving instructor probably told you to look over your shoulder but if you have these mirrors you dont have to.
+1 .. except for the driving a van with no windows .. i used to drive a big transit van though

The mirrors on the FTO Kick Ass! And I've never had a problem ith blind spots .. L platers these days ... :roll:
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

ive never had any troubles with my mirrors either, nor checking blind spots

i dont have my seat all the way back with it reclined all ''fully sik'' spec though

it helps facing your rear view mirror to your right side more, rather then dead straight. headchecking your left side is easier so i use my left mirror to cover what my rear view mirror doesnt see
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

How about a Mazda rx-8? i thought about getting one of these after the FTO.. small car, RWD, lots of revs... suicide doors, it almost looks the same too. 8)
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Supra! Nothing beats the 2JZ
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

SG wrote:How about a Mazda rx-8? i thought about getting one of these after the FTO.. small car, RWD, lots of revs... suicide doors, it almost looks the same too. 8)

ive heard theres way to much upkeep
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

There's no blind spot! You just need to know where to look when changing lanes. I drive into the Melbourne CBD for work all the time.
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Re: New Japanese Sports Car

Post by Jamie »

Have you considered getting blind spot mirrors?

I drive my FTO through peak hour traffic in Brisbane almost every day(have two cars) and dont have a problem. Fuel efficient aswell.

Save your money and buy an evo 7 in three years time ;)