New, but no FTO, yet. *Gotten it! *

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTEvolution
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: New, but no FTO, yet.

Post by FTEvolution »

vipfto wrote:No need to remove engine to do mounts :roll: just do crossmember ones first then do side mounts after using a jack to hold weight one side at a time.
Come on now, if you *are* going to bother changing all engine mounts at the same time on an old FTO then it is one more logical step to pull the entire damn thing out and do everything preventative at the same time. Not doing that, and then realising within a month or so that the cambelt needs changing would be anough to piss me off.

But by all means Vip, continue advocating the difficult way XD
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTEvolution wrote:
vipfto wrote:No need to remove engine to do mounts :roll: just do crossmember ones first then do side mounts after using a jack to hold weight one side at a time.
Come on now, if you *are* going to bother changing all engine mounts at the same time on an old FTO then it is one more logical step to pull the entire damn thing out and do everything preventative at the same time. Not doing that, and then realising within a month or so that the cambelt needs changing would be anough to piss me off.

yep, if i was gonna have to go to all that trouble I'd take the lot out for & do an engine bay respray to the new colour at the same time as well
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

mr-charisma wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:

yep, if i was gonna have to go to all that trouble I'd take the lot out for & do an engine bay respray to the new colour at the same time as well
Yeah because its just the 4 engine mounts & she pops right out! Image

Clowns. Just degrease it where it is & check for leaks a day or 2 later.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: New, but no FTO, yet. *Gotten it! *

Post by vipfto »

Not to mention removing gearbox, all fuel lines, exhaust, radiator needing hoist or lifter etc bugger that i'll do it all on the car anyday and gaurentee you will have it all done much faster than removing engine and putting all back in
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

I feel like the hottest newbie now. :)
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Bennoz wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:

Yeah because its just the 4 engine mounts & she pops right out! Image

Clowns. Just degrease it where it is & check for leaks a day or 2 later.
I aint saying it's easy or simple, just that it's logical. It's exactly what I will be doing myself. It's not *that* difficult to pull an engine out, I am sure you know that. I just don't get the "leave it til later, she'll be right" attitudes because it will save so much time to do it all at the same time...

Oh right, australians... of course :clown:

:twisted:

@Yotka, you will get used to this, everyone disagrees all the time :eye:
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

For this--> 2> Starter motor issue, seems to start on N, not P... so its probably dying.(not too sure about the start on N part.. need to try a few more times over the week.)

Seems to be the lack of voltage going there. Will be getting a relay done to get the full voltage from the battery.

Like FTevolution, I had changed my starter motor, but it is still not working too well.