Front and Rear - Front lower control arm bushes

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

evoman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Front and Rear - Front lower control arm bushes

Post by evoman »

Was going to put this in the suspension thread, but decided otherwise.

As I'm pretty anal about my car sometimes, I asked my mechanic to investigate the source of some minor torque steer that was becoming more noticeable under hard acceleration, and also a bit of a tug at the wheel under hard braking.

After having a look around he told me that the front front lower control arm bush was worn and was allowing movement.

What I forgot to ask him was how big this job is. Are these bushes hard to replace?...and do they require dropping the subframe? If so, is it worthwhile getting him to replace other components while he is at it(eg droplinks and swaybar bushes) just so everything should be sweet up front?

Can someone please confirm that these are the correct lower arm bushes for a facelift model (GPvR if there is any difference)
Front lower control arm - front bush?
Front lower control arm - rear bush?
Bennoz
National President

Re: Front and Rear - Front lower control arm bushes

Post by Bennoz »

Everything you could possibly need to know about these bushes is in the suspension thread. They are the correct ones.

Both of them will need (hydraulic) pressing off the arm. Subframe does not require dropping unless you plan on doing the front swaybar bushes. Do the droplinks too.
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Thanks Bennoz. Yeah my bad, although I was mainly concerned about whether the subframe needed to be dropped.

While I'm here, I have one more weird problem.

Sometimes when I turn right at low speed, I get a funny creaking sort of sound from the rear right. I also hear this creaking on certain angled roads. Hard to explain.

Anyway, I'm a little stumped about what it could be. Outer lower control arm bushes were replaced not too long ago, and the droplinks, swaybar bushes, springs, pillowtops and struts are all pretty new. Just can't work out why its only the rear right and why it's only certain road angles that trigger it.

Anyone have any thoughts. I can't remember, but I wouldn't be suprised if this sound has only popped up since I had the lowered Tein springs put in actually.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Well, its gotta be one of the remaining bushes back there you haven't done. Could be inner control arm bush, either of the dog bones, or the inner trailing arm bush (big bastard)

My money would be on the inner control arm bush thou...