New wheels - just not sure yet...

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

snicholmeister
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New wheels - just not sure yet...

Post by snicholmeister »

I'm currently rocking a fairly worn set of Super Advans. Looking to buy a new set, the shortlist so far is as follows:

- Enkei EKM3 (17x7", +38 offset)
- Rota G-Force (17x8", +48 offset)
- Rota P45 (17x7.5", +45 offset)

I'm leaning towards the Enkeis - I've always liked the BBS/BMW look. I just have trouble visualising them on the car. I've scoured the net for pictures of an FTO with them on but haven't found anything. Did a quick photoshop (not my car; mine is facelift and has GPvR wing) and I think they look pretty cool - please post your opinions.

The other thing that concerns me is the size/offset - I've looked at various threads on the subject but haven't found any definitive answers. I found the following link: http://www.myfto.co.uk/fto_performance.htm, which lists what offsets versus wheel size are appropriate - however my car is lowered and I don't even know what size/offset the current wheels are.

Any help is appreciated :)

bushido
Oldtimer

Re: New wheels - just not sure yet...

Post by bushido »

i dont think those are one of enkeis better looking rims. I love the RPF1 but to each their own.

The P45s are knockoffs of Drifteks and the G force looks a little fussy. IMO it wouldnt look good unless you go a low offset (to get that nice concaveness on the rim face).

For a little perspective my car is running coilovers and my rims are 17 x 7 with an offset of +35. Running 25mm bolt on spacers and the rears needed to be guard. Before the spacers went on they fit all round no problem.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

lol P45s are knockoffs of drifteks
drifteks are knockoffs of Rays Nismo wheels

why not go for a lower offset or wider wheel? or is that offset all they offer?
snicholmeister
Apprentice

Post by snicholmeister »

I'm only really looking on ebay. They're all from the US but the exchange rate isn't too bad atm. Average of about $1100 for a set, no tyres. Not a huge range of offsets available.

Are there any other good places to buy cheap wheels?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

i ran super advans aswell ages ago LOL

theres a sticker on the inside of the rim (inner lip) which shows your width, diametre and offset. if your current wheel specs are close to the wheels you want to purchase... you shouldnt have much issues, unless you go with a fatter tyre
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

if you are in sydney try AAI motorsports. They are distributors of Buddyclub. Failing that used rims are also good.
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

I dont think these will fit (Rota G-Force (17x8", +48 offset)) i think the max for an 8inch rim woudl be about +35 and not reeeally much higher.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

bushido wrote:i dont think those are one of enkeis better looking rims. I love the RPF1 but to each their own.

The P45s are knockoffs of Drifteks and the G force looks a little fussy. IMO it wouldnt look good unless you go a low offset (to get that nice concaveness on the rim face).

For a little perspective my car is running coilovers and my rims are 17 x 7 with an offset of +35. Running 25mm bolt on spacers and the rears needed to be guard. Before the spacers went on they fit all round no problem.
so steve, hows that justjap spacer holding up ? been hard driving/cornering with it no problems ? i might look into buying the 30mm version from justjap as it is cheaper than the one from japanese import spares(maybe better quality?)...

Anyhow, for an 8 wide rim, +30 offset would be ideal to start with.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...