Brisbane FTO Southsiders Run?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Brisbane FTO Southsiders Run?

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

I8A4RE wrote:Arent there fkn heaps of cops at sunnybank macca's???
not really, theres cops everywhere i go, their just normally on main roads, & plus if we dont do anything wrong why should they care haha.!

so sunnybank maccas it is for southsiders
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

i reckon someone needs to plot all of this out on googlemaps or something and PAINT! :twisted:

Printouts on the passenger seat make me feel a lot better hahah
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

silverGPX wrote:i reckon someone needs to plot all of this out on googlemaps or something and PAINT! :twisted:

Printouts on the passenger seat make me feel a lot better hahah
Ill see what I can come up with at work tomorrrow.
Chiinkstarrh wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Arent there fkn heaps of cops at sunnybank macca's???
not really, theres cops everywhere i go, their just normally on main roads, & plus if we dont do anything wrong why should they care haha.!

so sunnybank maccas it is for southsiders
Oh dont worry, i think I am referring to Milton macca's and as for not doing anything wrong....well lets just say you havent seen my car yet ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I think it's a nice idea to have the mini meets & cruise to a central location separately .. what you've come up with is good work :)

One prob is, more locations means more time waiting for people to turn up .. at least 30 mins at each spot..

As long as everyone is happy with their local meeting spots, there is just one thing I'd change which is the central meeting spot ..

Pretty sure everyone knows how to get to Southbank .. should all meet up centrally at the Big Ferris Wheel & go from there

we've never had any stupid behaviour at past cruises that cops would have a problem with & don't expect it this time, but they have been known to monitor the car forums and crash the party..
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote: Pretty sure everyone knows how to get to Southbank .. should all meet up centrally at the Big Ferris Wheel & go from there
might have problem parking under the big ferris wheel lol
and also the further away we are from the cruise location the more we have to worry about traffic and losing ppl along the way. I'd suggest somewhere closer to the cruise location.

in fact, which mountain did me decide on? nebo or glorious?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

BorepYano wrote:
mr-charisma wrote: Pretty sure everyone knows how to get to Southbank .. should all meet up centrally at the Big Ferris Wheel & go from there
might have problem parking under the big ferris wheel lol
and also the further away we are from the cruise location the more we have to worry about traffic and losing ppl along the way. I'd suggest somewhere closer to the cruise location.

in fact, which mountain did me decide on? nebo or glorious?
why's that? plenty of parking there .. unless it's changed recently - will check it out tomorrow

Will have to go through both mountains in order to get the Somerset Dam / Wivenhoe
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote:
BorepYano wrote: why's that? plenty of parking there .. unless it's changed recently - will check it out tomorrow

Will have to go through both mountains in order to get the Somerset Dam / Wivenhoe
um... are ppl allowed to drive up there? all i ever see are tourist buses and some delivery van, so I've always assumed it was a loading/bus zone only...
but the point still remains about the distance between the meet spot and the cruise location...

what about The Gap Shopping Village (on waterworks rd)? just google mapped it, seems to have plenty of parking. and it's on the way to somerset regardless if you want to take mt nebo rd or mt glorious rd. - just a suggestion :)
kiz wrote:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

BorepYano wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:
BorepYano wrote: why's that? plenty of parking there .. unless it's changed recently - will check it out tomorrow

um... are ppl allowed to drive up there? all i ever see are tourist buses and some delivery van, so I've always assumed it was a loading/bus zone only...
but the point still remains about the distance between the meet spot and the cruise location...

what about The Gap Shopping Village (on waterworks rd)? just google mapped it, seems to have plenty of parking. and it's on the way to somerset regardless if you want to take mt nebo rd or mt glorious rd. - just a suggestion :)
Yeah anyone can park up there, ive seen it packed out a few times though.
It depends on the time, and going on a saturday i tihnk it will be preety packed so lets rule that one out...
Taz wrote:When funds allow
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

anyone want to join me this weekend for a pre-cruise drive to map out a route?

just so we don't get lost & end up on a dirt road somewhere..

also, anyone with CB radios please bring them along .. they are worth their weight in gold on cruises ;)

gf might be coming along in the other FTO & would be happy to go ahead by about 15 minutes to scope for speed cameras .. take photos etc (not that we will need to worry about them :P .. but just in case ;) )
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

mr-charisma wrote:anyone want to join me this weekend for a pre-cruise drive to map out a route?

also, anyone with CB radios please bring them along .. they are worth their weight in gold on cruises ;)

gf might be coming along in the other FTO & would be happy to go ahead by about 15 minutes to scope for speed cameras .. take photos etc (not that we will need to worry about them :P .. but just in case ;) )
f**k man no speeding for me! I dont care if I loose you guys im sticking to speed limit! ahaha.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

mr-charisma wrote:anyone want to join me this weekend for a pre-cruise drive to map out a route?

What time would you be heading out, ive got whole of friday off as well.
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

I'm happy to head out Saturday afternoon or anytime Sunday man (am out of action between about 10:30 and 12:30 Sat though). My phone *should* be able to plot our courses too...assuming the software link up is working (it has a habbit of going AWOL) :|

Though there will probably be a lot more spiel here before the weekend my number is 0423 105 285.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Ok man, well i have to start work on saturday at 5pm and sunday at 5pm lol.

So might not be able to come
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

was thinking of leaving no later than 11 cause I'd like to be back before 4pm .. don't mind going on sunday instead of sat.

Expecting 2 hours there, 2 hours back an hour for lunch .. gonna try & scope out the best bbq areas as well
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Well considering i took the 30th off as well, wanna do it then? or are you keen this weekend, as i wont be coming unfortunately.
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

so whos going still havnt figured out,
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

bump*
Mr C, did you guys end up going for that run to map the cruise out?

and we need a final head count.

Have the different areas worked out a meet location and time yet?
kiz wrote:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nah mate, been either too crook or called in to work
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

BorepYano wrote:
Kustom_FTO wrote:

Heh my cars not in the best of condition but i'll still come & I'll bring the GF aswell (Photographer) not that shes done much work w/ cars..... well none at all but she has the gear :D
can you get kate to bring a single hot chick friend or 2 (preferably as many as you can fit in the car... inc the boot and on the roof, in case i strike out with the first one lol... i dont ask for much lol)
so... depending on how many of her topless models she brings I might come

... nuh, i'll come, i miss talking to real people

hahaha best beginning to a thread :P
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

so once again Im too slack to read through 6 pages of posts, but I=have been talking to a few of you about coming down this sunday, where is everyone meeting?