Toyo R888 / Federal 595

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Gholdwayne
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Toyo R888

Post by Gholdwayne »

simon, if that is fitted, then its a good price, my 595ss's are 159 fitted, but they were 215/45/17

steve, you must have like a patch of sanded metal under your fender now don't you ?
i will also be getting those justjap spacers then roll the guards on the rear so its going to be hektik!
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

I8A4RE wrote:Ok just got priced, good deal??

225/35/18 Federal 595RS - $209
Are you sure they were RS's? Pretty sure they were superseded by the RS-R's about 2 years ago lol.

I have the 595SS's and man I wish I had of just saved up for the RS-R's. Dry grip is decent but I'm really disappointed at the wet grip, so I may as well have gone for an even more aggressive tyre for better performance anway.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

You still can get the RS.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

The SS's tend to go hard after heavy use I've found too. 2 track days & they're cooked, no matter how much meat is left on them.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Sorry guys they are the RSR's.

SO is that a good price.... I hope so casue they are getting fitted now.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

for the RSR's sh*t yes!
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

i'm really interested in trying that, just have to find out the best price in sydney. preferrably western sydney area.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FFS, so i turned up today and they had fitted just the 595 not 595rsr. I even double checked with the moron when i dropped them off that it was rsr. So i said I would have a think about what I wanted to do.

They will now sell me the 595 for $190 or the rsr's for $280. I cant really afford the rsr so are the 595 going to be any good????
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

they are good but for what you want I think they won't last to long.
just see how they go as they are a good step up from other tyres.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

They'll be fine for street driving. Quite good actually. Cheapest UHP tyre on the market.
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Yeah they're pretty decent in the dry, and that price is about the same as I payed for 18's.
As I mentioned earlier though, personally I'm a bit disappoint with the wet grip. I've had some pretty epic understeer moments, but only when I was pushing it a bit just to see how they would respond.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Cool, well they have been fitted to the rims so I just took them. I wasnt happy with the place though and would have pushed harder about them quoting for the wrong tyre but the rsr's dont even come in a 40 profile so I just took them. I am sure they will be good I just dont want to go through them too quick as funds are very tight at the moment.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Re: Toyo R888 / Federal 595

Post by Supplanter »

So which 595s are suitable for everyday driving? Unintentional wheelspins in third gear in the wet are a touch embarrassing. :oops:
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

They are just 595's. Then there are 595rsr which are semi slicks
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

You also have the 595 evo as well.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

The street versions are actually 595SS
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:The street versions are actually 595SS
They dropped the "ss" on the 595 but they are exactly the same tyre.

There are also 595rpm

Check here for specs