LOOK @ NEWBIE WITH VEILSIDED GPX MODDED BUT STILL HUNGRY!!!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

brent88
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

LOOK @ NEWBIE WITH VEILSIDED GPX MODDED BUT STILL HUNGRY!!!

Post by brent88 »

hey everyone! hows it going lemme start bvy saying fuk these are aweseme car! 100bhp per litre from a naturally aspirated car if they were anymore awesome theyd kill some of honda's buisness. for 1994 to have projector headlights, 150kw frop a 2 litre dohc 24 valve 10:1 compression motor thats pretty sweet. these motors sound awesome from factory, even better with an aftermarket filter and intake and maybe some bean can exhaust but i havvnt put my spare 1 on yet.

i actually have a spare fto for parts that i have on ebay, (silver wreck) and sell parts off the car cheaper than wreckers(a lot of parts the same as the gpx) find me on ebay or email me at supra_owns@hotmail.com and well nut out some prices (i dont think my fto is a supra and wouldnt want it to be i made this account liek 8 years ago or somthing)

spent nearly 15k on mine bodykits are expensive fuk!!! but at least i got a gpx that hadnt been thrashed(past tense haha)

its got an aftermarket filter with an aftermarket intake... would b good if i knew what brand it was, a cold air intake i made myself that sucks from u8nder the radiator and the factory 1 is there also, swapped the tiptronic around so down is up and vice versa, veilside font bar, veilside rear wing(with blade so its not a wank factor) veilside sideskirts, painted some of the interior burgandy to match car, super bright white lights for the low beams, driving lights hooked up to the high beams.

sound system consists of:

SUBWOOFERS: 2 Rockford Fosgate 12” Punch HE2 subwoofers.

AMP1: Rockford Fosgate 900w Mono Block for the Subs.

AMP2: Rockford Fosgate 600w 2ch for front speakers. (Hertz 260w energy series splits)

SUB BOX: Custom made out of 16mm MDF and covered in dark grey carpet for this FTO housing the subs . amps are bolted to sub box and sub box is mounted to the strut towers.

OTHER: 1 farad capacitor, distribution block, 4 gauge wiring, 2 red neons wired to the boot switch.
Sounds awesome

HU: kenwood something cant remember, got 64 colour illumination usb, ipod, bluetooth and most importantly 4v line out pre outs $500

FRONT SPEAKERS: 260w hertz energy series splits 6.5" $250

REAR Speakers: atm their 250w 6*9's but am gonna put the new ones in the rear plastic behind the doors and custom make speaker pods/boxes for 6.5" hertz dici series (didnt need good ones because i like front staging)

i decided to buy a good exapmple so i got 1 that had 120,000 on the clock and looked nice still, cost more to buy a unmodded car and mod it yaself but at least u know its reliable before u start and it hasnt been thrashed too much. i know all imports are thrashed though,

thanks for reading my nearly book feel free/obliged to comment.
Brenton
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Re: LOOK @ NEWBIE WITH VEILSIDED GPX MODDED BUT STILL HUNGR

Post by brad_gpx »

WTTC

sounds nice

you got any performance mods that you want to do?
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Welcome :thumleft:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Welcome to the club champ ..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

WTTC, stick around. How about some picys?
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

yea theres not heaps u can get outta them without sacrificing reliability and getting an turbo and doing an engine swap... id like more power so maybe a piggyback ecu..? thinkin of a mandrel bent exhaust or somthing but wouldent i loose backpressure? cant put a cannon on the exhaust coz i got this cop in my city that hates me and defected my last car a few times, anyway wanna keep it legal.

any other suggestions for mods..?

also i noticed in a thread about body styling that some1 put something in their rear lights to make 4 round lights (kinda like supra lights) it looked fkn sweet but i dont wanna get it mistaken foir a supra. what do ya's think? and is there a guide for doing this?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Just start with the common ... Air, Intake, & exhaust ...

If you have a silencer fitted, or one of the Apexi Exhaust Control Valves, it will keep your car under the DB levels when fitted... That way the cop can't touch ya ...

simon has turbo'd his car on the stock engine and has no trouble with reliability .. Just don't go nuts on boost...
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Welcome to the club mate :)

hopefully brent88 != brad_gpx = bduffman ....
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

WTTC Buddy.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hey mate, wttc :)
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

mr-charisma wrote:Welcome to the club mate :)

hopefully brent88 != brad_gpx = bduffman ....
Bahaha

Welome dude
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

brent88 wrote:yea theres not heaps u can get outta them without sacrificing reliability and getting an turbo and doing an engine swap... id like more power so maybe a piggyback ecu..? thinkin of a mandrel bent exhaust or somthing but wouldent i loose backpressure? cant put a cannon on the exhaust coz i got this cop in my city that hates me and defected my last car a few times, anyway wanna keep it legal.

any other suggestions for mods..?

also i noticed in a thread about body styling that some1 put something in their rear lights to make 4 round lights (kinda like supra lights) it looked fkn sweet but i dont wanna get it mistaken foir a supra. what do ya's think? and is there a guide for doing this?

heres the guide

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4186
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

im really looking at mandrel bent exhausts, i want it to look stock but sound awesome and give it a bit of performance... i understand NA cars need some backpressure so would 2" or 2.5" b better, how much in vic does anyone know or where i can get a second hand 1 (i know im probably dreaming).

taillights really do look awesome and the reverse lights look futuristic, i wouldent tint the lights but then i suppose itd defeat the purpose? i have an imperial red fto do u think it would suit?

thanks for all the comments
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

brent88 wrote:im really looking at mandrel bent exhausts, i want it to look stock but sound awesome and give it a bit of performance... i understand NA cars need some backpressure so would 2" or 2.5" b better, how much in vic does anyone know or where i can get a second hand 1 (i know im probably dreaming).

taillights really do look awesome and the reverse lights look futuristic, i wouldent tint the lights but then i suppose itd defeat the purpose? i have an imperial red fto do u think it would suit?

thanks for all the comments
The standard exhaust size is 2.25" iirc so there is no point staying the same or going smaller. IMO go for a good mild steel (to keep costs down) mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust; add a couple of extractors and get a nice rear muffler/tip combo. Should be a nice low burble at idle without too much of a scream at high revs. Ask them to place the resonators in a way that there is space for a third *if it's too loud* in the future.

I'm really not a fan of canons myself, but nothing really wrong with a good quality one, though they do make for a louder exhaust if they aren't silenced.

As for the tail lights; have you thought of using red plastic stuff instead of the black? Match it to your cars colour perhaps; I have been thinking of something similar myself.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I have seen pearl mixed with a clear coat and sprayed over lights... Looked kind of cool... Mind due this was on a white car with the same colour pearl over the white... Like the old oyster effect...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

PM Sent
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

red plastic stuff? like what? like glue it on the outside of the taillight?
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

brent88 wrote:red plastic stuff? like what? like glue it on the outside of the taillight?
I honestly can't think of the name for it, the black sh*t that Kaz put on hers, get red so it's colour coded.

Smooth and sleepy

silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

we hungry
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

haha f&f2