Removing dial needles

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto13-marty
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Removing dial needles

Post by fto13-marty »

Hey just wondering if anyone can help me out, i need to remove the dial needles and have no idea how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Removing dial needles

Post by I8A4RE »

Cloth and a small screwdriver
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Don't mess with them or else you'll never have accurate dials again without sending it to an auto electrician to be recalibrated! $$$$

.. Don't say I didn't warn you
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

I want to replace the dial background, is there an easier way then to do it as I thought the needle will need to be removed.
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

i changed my dial background and took it to a auto elec and even he almost fecked it. this is one of those things i wouldnt advise to do urself.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

fto13-marty wrote:I want to replace the dial background, is there an easier way then to do it as I thought the needle will need to be removed.
yah, get an EL Glow Dial set that slips over the entire needle cup.. if you got a cheapy set that doesn't, you could try cutting a larger hole in the middle to fit over the needle cups..

otherwise cut off the stock dials with a stanley knife from the centre.. just pray that you don't ever need to go back to stock ones..

IF all else fails, a brand new cluster will set you back $120 or so
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

easy to do and you wont mess it up if ut back correctly

1. with rev and speed needle lift them over little tab so they will each sit at 6:30 position and mark it
2. use clothe and smail screwdriver as lever to remove needles
3. when replacing put back where mark is
4. the fuel and temp gauge are different and found them easy to do when dash is installed (fill up with fuel and you know its got to be on full and let it run until its warm so you know where temp needle goes)

Really not hard and dont worry abaout stuffing up just mark it and dont force anything to hard, if its not right then start again.

And yes I have done this for other reasons and my speedo is still acurate according to GPS and revs still spot on
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI